Frequent Contributor

Re: Worth a recon?

he said store card so GE

amazon
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zilch. The guy I spoke to said they can't overlook inquiries. Is that the end-all, or should I try again? If I'm gonna take the pull, I'd like the card...then again, I only lost 2 TU points (FICO) from 4 pulls..I imagine I'll lose more when all the new accounts (USAA times 3 - 2 auto loans(refinances) and 1 credit card, Discover and Walmart) hit. ..

Message 12 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah GECRB isn't known for recons unfortunately...
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

Zilch. The guy I spoke to said they can't overlook inquiries. Is that the end-all, or should I try again? If I'm gonna take the pull, I'd like the card...then again, I only lost 2 TU points (FICO) from 4 pulls..I imagine I'll lose more when all the new accounts (USAA times 3 - 2 auto loans(refinances) and 1 credit card, Discover and Walmart) hit. ..

When you request a reconsideration, the representative will take a look at your credit report, and once they see the inquiries it doesn't matter whether your FICO score is affected by those. I wouldn't overlook hard inquiries just because they have a minimal impact on your credit score. 

Message 14 of 17
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When you request a reconsideration, the representative will take a look at your credit report, and once they see the inquiries it doesn't matter whether your FICO score is affected by those. I wouldn't overlook hard inquiries just because they have a minimal impact on your credit score. 

Ya I wouldn't either. But in this case, multiple ones were for the same auto loan, and many were old.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 15 of 17
pinoyscorpion951
New Contributor

I'm curious about those inquiries also. My brother applied for Amazon Store Card 3 months ago and got approved. HE HAD 21 INQUIRIES!!!!!! Yes 21 inquiries on Transunion and got approved. No recon, approved online. He has a few baddies on his report that are about 4 years old and I believe he told me his TU score was in the mid 600's. I don't understand it either. I tried applying with much fewer inquiries than he did and got denied. Tried to recon it and got denied again. I can't make heads or tails of their approval system. Some people with above average to good credit get denied and others with questionable to horrible credit get approved for ridiculous amounts.

Message 16 of 17
HiLine
Blogger

@pinoyscorpion951 wrote:

I'm curious about those inquiries also. My brother applied for Amazon Store Card 3 months ago and got approved. HE HAD 21 INQUIRIES!!!!!! Yes 21 inquiries on Transunion and got approved. No recon, approved online. He has a few baddies on his report that are about 4 years old and I believe he told me his TU score was in the mid 600's. I don't understand it either. I tried applying with much fewer inquiries than he did and got denied. Tried to recon it and got denied again. I can't make heads or tails of their approval system. Some people with above average to good credit get denied and others with questionable to horrible credit get approved for ridiculous amounts.

Each credit card has a specific set of criteria; if you meet the criteria for one particular card you'll get approved, regardless of the rest of your credit history. It's really a lottery for folks with a less than stellar credit history.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.