Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would Any One Like to Join Me????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would Any One Like to Join Me????

I was thinking about this myself today.   I've applied for quite a few cards.  Two yesterday after seeing them listed on this board as being "kind" to people who have gone bankrupt.   Got turned down for both BUT there was something good about being turned down (if there ever is).   I wasn't turned down for having gone bankrupt.  I was turned down for over utilization of the cards I do have.  I went bankrupt in August of 2005. 

I first got an Orchard Card, and a few other of the high percentage, high annual fee start cards.   Now I'm trying to get one or two that I can use to consolidate and I we need to get a car so I'm working on that.   I was reading about how over-untilization can make a credit report look bad so I'm working on paying down my card balances.

Applying for credit cards actually started feeling like a game to me, which is what made me think twice about what I was doing.  I'm starting to like the feeling of applying and waiting to see what happens.  It can be addicting and I know that from experience.  I didn't get into trouble credit-wise due to a financial addiction, but I can see it's in my head now.

So this message was very timely for me to read today.
Message 21 of 82
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

Sorry Fly......

I did it......they said they need to look into more....two weeks.  Oh well, fall off get back on the wagon right????? 

Message 22 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got all I care to in CCs and CLs, at the moment. DW and I are in househunting mode, so the next INQs and loans are gonna be for a mortgage. Ah, to be in debt for 30 years.
Message 23 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Got all I care to in CCs and CLs, at the moment. DW and I are in househunting mode, so the next INQs and loans are gonna be for a mortgage. Ah, to be in debt for 30 years.

I hear ya, I am looking to do that next year me thinks when my scores are in the 7's...
Message 24 of 82
Cory
Established Contributor

peaved_about_credit wrote:
I would like to begin a thread that keeps track of how many days, months, weeks, hell even years those of us who are addicted to applying for credit DON'T apply!  Sort of a support group.  Anybody with me?

This is funny, lol. I thought about starting a topic like this last night. I can't apply for at least one whole year. I have so many inquiries.

My story.................I don't know where to begin, but I want a computer and I don't want to get financing so I have to pay with cash.

Cory
Message 25 of 82
Cory
Established Contributor

Sorry Fly......

I did it......they said they need to look into more....two weeks.  Oh well, fall off get back on the wagon right????? 

That's right. A JUST man falleth seven times but gets back up again and again and again. So get back up again.

Keep on trying. I'm thinking about talking with a psychiatrist. I think that's how you spell it.

There's something lurking inside of me, bad habits that's all.

Cory
Message 26 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

24 hours
Message 27 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not have to wait until you get a 700 to get a great deal on a car. I was a VW dealership last week with my sister who is in college. The manager, told me that the cut off for banks is usually 600. If your score is between 620-650 "you are in the golden seat" you can do, get whatever you want. Just thought I would pass along the info.

@Anonymous wrote:
Once I get my scores above 700, I'm gonna go out and apply for an auto loan. Actually... does anybody think using your high limit credit card is a good idea to buy a car instead of spending the hassle of getting a loan???

Message 28 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tmleverage wrote:

Tmleverage wrote:

I would like to begin a thread that keeps track of how many days, months, weeks, hell even years those of us who are addicted to applying for credit DON'T apply!  Sort of a support group.  Anybody with me?

Count me in I am at day 1........Smiley Very Happy

At day two's and shaking........Smiley Happy

Day tree and da presha is mellowing....Smiley Tongue
Message 29 of 82
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

i haven't applied in weeks.  everytime i apply i get the 30 daymessage.  then i find out too high bank utilization and too many new accounts.  some times excessive inq.  i can't get a decent limit. how do you guys do it with all the inq's?

tu 614
eq 658
ex 583

i am waiting for all my pif's to post from last mth.
Message 30 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.