Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: me too.

32 CC, 12,48,14 INQ, 
Message 51 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re count me too

32 CC  line of credit, its now starting to hurt my scores, as soon as my credit was 700+ i was going crasy with appliing, now its hurting. -700 . i need to stop ,but how,???

do they have a 12 step program??? can we start one???

thx

sam
Message 52 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re count me too

sambabchip wrote:
32 CC  line of credit, its now starting to hurt my scores, as soon as my credit was 700+ i was going crasy with appliing, now its hurting. -700 . i need to stop ,but how,???

do they have a 12 step program??? can we start one???

thx

sam

Sure do....
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=5651
Message 53 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would Any One Like to Join Me????

Count me in...I haven't applied for CCs in over 2 months.   I will not be applying for anymore this year.  We are planning to purchase a car in 2009 when all of my delinquent payments will drop off my credit report.  If Citibank doesn't give me lower interest by Jan 08 (currently 16%), I will try for a balance transfer.

TU-669, EQ-676, EX-703
Message 54 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

peaved_about_credit wrote:

Seems to me, I just can't win for losing.
How can I get back on track here??

Did you have a specific question or were you generally venting?

If it's the former, post your question and I'll respond if I can.

If it's the later, I hear you. We're fast becoming not just a nation of haves and have nots, but a nation of Lords and Serfs. Just watched "In Debt We Trust". Got it from Netflix. Not as good as "Maxed Out", but still worth seeing.

Message 55 of 82
Cory
Established Contributor

Somebody better stop me, I'm about to apply for a credit card. I just can't wait until DEC. Which one do you think I should apply too.

I don't know my credit score though. I have three new accounts which will disqualify me. But, somehow I believe I have some hope.

Cory
Message 56 of 82
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Cory wrote:
Somebody better stop me, I'm about to apply for a credit card. I just can't wait until DEC. Which one do you think I should apply too.

Do you NEED another Credit Card?

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 08-13-2007 09:52 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 57 of 82
Cory
Established Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:

Cory wrote:

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 08-13-2007 09:52 AM

I don't think so, but you can tell me what you think. I have only one good credit card which is CCCU. The hooter's card has a high interest rate. NOT going to utilize that card. I want to apply for the WAMU card.

I do have a providian chargeoff in 2001, but sold to an collections agency.

Cory
Message 58 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

Exactly.

Sometimes people get so caught up in the credit score game that they forget about the circumstances that wrecked their credit in the first place.

If you can't control your spending, why get more and more cards with higher and higher limits?  Are you driving yourself back into debt?

If your bad debt was due to medical expenses, you -- and everyone else -- are always at risk for another financial hit like that.

I just want us to see the forest for the bees, or however the saying goes.  Don't be so focused on your score that you do things to the detriment of your personal finances.  I know this doesn't apply to everyone, so don't go ranting at me, OK?

Not a sermon, just a thought. Smiley Happy
Message 59 of 82
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

masdeocho wrote:

If you can't control your spending, why get more and more cards with higher and higher limits?  Are you driving yourself back into debt?

Even if you can control your spending, why get FICO hits for extra inqs, new accounts and low average age of credit?  CLIs are a better way  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 60 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.