cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I get approved for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would I get approved for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card?

I tried applying for the card 6 months ago, but was denied for insufficient credit history.  I'd only had 3 months of credit history with my own CC then.  After adding 6 more months with no missed payments, do yout hink I'll be approved?  If not, should I apply for a different card or just wait longer?  How much longer do you think is likely before being approved?  

I just graduated and have had a credit card for 9 months on BofA cash rewards in my name.  Before that, I was an authorized user on my parents' citi card for about 4 years and had a BofA debit card for another 5 or so years now.  No missed payments, monthly balance paid in full at the last day of the pay period.  My credit score has always been 740+ (I assume due to piggybacking off my parent's 800+ score) and is currently 777 for FICO.

I really want the amazon card since I have prime and am doing a lot of shopping on amazon to furnish a new apartment.  The cashback for a tv and firestick + dot alone would put a large dent in covering my prime membership.   

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

Re: Would I get approved for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card?

I think you have a fair shot at it, have you checked the Chase site pre-quals to see if it is available to you?

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 2 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Chase normally likes to see 1 year of history

If you feel lucky, go ahead

Good luck

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 9
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Chase normally likes to see 1 year of history

If you feel lucky, go ahead

Good luck

I agree nodding.gif

Welcome to My Fico! welcomewave (1).gif

OP is there a reason you want the Chase Amazon card rather than the Store Prime card?

I mean other than it's Chase duh... LOL

I have the Synch Amazon Prime store card & it's great. Easier to get approved, regular SP cli, 5% CB and such.. 

I've been very happy with mine. Just a thought in case you don't get the Chase version.

Good Luckaaa1 Good Luck.gif

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Priory_Man wrote:
I think you have a fair shot at it, have you checked the Chase site pre-quals to see if it is available to you?

IIRC, the Chase pre-qualification tool does not provide information for partner or co-branded CCs.  Only their core CCs. 

Message 5 of 9
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

IIRC, the Chase pre-qualification tool does not provide information for partner or co-branded CCs.  Only their core CCs. 

Duly noted and filed away for future reference, appreciate the heads up.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 6 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

I believe the Amazon Prime Card (from Chase) requires a minimum 5k approval. If you don't have a current card above that, the chances might be low. I would recommend the Amazon Prime Store card as a better alternative for now. You still get the 5% CB and it is known to grow quickly.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xaximus wrote:
I believe the Amazon Prime Card (from Chase) requires a minimum 5k approval. If you don't have a current card above that, the chances might be low. I would recommend the Amazon Prime Store card as a better alternative for now. You still get the 5% CB and it is known to grow quickly.

No, it doesn’t require a 5K or above. It’s one of the Visa Signature cards that doesn’t have a 5K minimum. 

Which is good because most people don’t get anywhere near 5K from Chase. 

Sync is much better for limits, especially for people with blemishes or just starting out. 

Message 8 of 9
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xaximus wrote:

No, it doesn’t require a 5K or above. It’s one of the Visa Signature cards that doesn’t have a 5K minimum. 

Which is good because most people don’t get anywhere near 5K from Chase. 

Sync is much better for limits, especially for people with blemishes or just starting out. 

I stand corrected, completely forgot it's one of the few Sig cards that doesn't require it. Thanks @Anonymous.

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.