cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would I get approved for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card?

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.

Would I get approved for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card?

I tried applying for the card 6 months ago, but was denied for insufficient credit history.  I'd only had 3 months of credit history with my own CC then.  After adding 6 more months with no missed payments, do yout hink I'll be approved?  If not, should I apply for a different card or just wait longer?  How much longer do you think is likely before being approved?  

I just graduated and have had a credit card for 9 months on BofA cash rewards in my name.  Before that, I was an authorized user on my parents' citi card for about 4 years and had a BofA debit card for another 5 or so years now.  No missed payments, monthly balance paid in full at the last day of the pay period.  My credit score has always been 740+ (I assume due to piggybacking off my parent's 800+ score) and is currently 777 for FICO.

I really want the amazon card since I have prime and am doing a lot of shopping on amazon to furnish a new apartment.  The cashback for a tv and firestick + dot alone would put a large dent in covering my prime membership.   

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Established Contributor

Re: Would I get approved for the Amazon Rewards Visa Card?

I think you have a fair shot at it, have you checked the Chase site pre-quals to see if it is available to you?

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 2 of 9
Valued Contributor

Chase normally likes to see 1 year of history

If you feel lucky, go ahead

Good luck

3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>06/2019 CCT EX 829 TU 848 EQ 837
Thus will it come to pass. The Dying Leader will know the truth of the Opera House. The missing Three will give you the Five, who've come from the Home of the Thirteenth. You are the Harbinger of Death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their End. End of line.
Message 3 of 9
Valued Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Chase normally likes to see 1 year of history

If you feel lucky, go ahead

Good luck

I agree nodding.gif

Welcome to My Fico! welcomewave (1).gif

OP is there a reason you want the Chase Amazon card rather than the Store Prime card?

I mean other than it's Chase duh... LOL

I have the Synch Amazon Prime store card & it's great. Easier to get approved, regular SP cli, 5% CB and such.. 

I've been very happy with mine. Just a thought in case you don't get the Chase version.

Good Luckaaa1 Good Luck.gif

Message 4 of 9

@Priory_Man wrote:
I think you have a fair shot at it, have you checked the Chase site pre-quals to see if it is available to you?

IIRC, the Chase pre-qualification tool does not provide information for partner or co-branded CCs.  Only their core CCs. 

Message 5 of 9
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

IIRC, the Chase pre-qualification tool does not provide information for partner or co-branded CCs.  Only their core CCs. 

Duly noted and filed away for future reference, appreciate the heads up.

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 6 of 9
Valued Contributor

I believe the Amazon Prime Card (from Chase) requires a minimum 5k approval. If you don't have a current card above that, the chances might be low. I would recommend the Amazon Prime Store card as a better alternative for now. You still get the 5% CB and it is known to grow quickly.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 7 of 9
Senior Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
I believe the Amazon Prime Card (from Chase) requires a minimum 5k approval. If you don't have a current card above that, the chances might be low. I would recommend the Amazon Prime Store card as a better alternative for now. You still get the 5% CB and it is known to grow quickly.

No, it doesn’t require a 5K or above. It’s one of the Visa Signature cards that doesn’t have a 5K minimum. 

Which is good because most people don’t get anywhere near 5K from Chase. 

Sync is much better for limits, especially for people with blemishes or just starting out. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 7/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards:
Message 8 of 9
Valued Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

@xaximus wrote:

No, it doesn’t require a 5K or above. It’s one of the Visa Signature cards that doesn’t have a 5K minimum. 

Which is good because most people don’t get anywhere near 5K from Chase. 

Sync is much better for limits, especially for people with blemishes or just starting out. 

I stand corrected, completely forgot it's one of the few Sig cards that doesn't require it. Thanks @Saeren.

Scores - All bureaus 750 +/-
TCL - Est. $275K
Message 9 of 9