cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You Apply for a Synchrony Card Today?

tag
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Would You Apply for a Synchrony Card Today?

@collics wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Total80sKid 

I want 5% from Amazon also but I'm bypassing Sync and shooting for big papa Chase Visa.

Dedicated to sitting in the garden for 1-2 years for it.

You could also check out Affinity FCU's cash rewards card. 5% Amazon year round and an extra 5% this quarter with a number of other categories. 

Geography doesn't seem to matter as I am in Illinois and they approved me from New Jersey. 

Message 51 of 61
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Yes, but very carefully, as in only cards that are truly useful and none gotten for padding. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 52 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@collics wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Total80sKid 

I want 5% from Amazon also but I'm bypassing Sync and shooting for big papa Chase Visa.

go for both. i have a 10k amazon synch but that's not enough so i decided to go for the amex amazon and got 16k. might still consider the chase amazon lol

Message 53 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duriel wrote:

@collics wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Total80sKid 

You could also check out Affinity FCU's cash rewards card. 5% Amazon year round and an extra 5% this quarter with a number of other categories. 

Geography doesn't seem to matter as I am in Illinois and they approved me from New Jersey. 

thanks for sharing. i rarely keep myself up to date on these things so thanks for mentioning it!

Message 54 of 61
NRB525
Super Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

We app'd for a Lowe's card 2 weeks ago, so for me, yes. That said, I wouldn't app for another one on my profile, and we probably won't get another one on DW's profile. It seems the massive shutdowns have been people with a lot of cards and exposure, so I'm not getting any more than the 2 cards I have. We have some home repairs and remodeling coming up, so getting the Lowe's card made sense. 

I won't put ourselves in the position that a Sync shutdown would hurt us though, and I certainly can't blame anyone that has got shutdown for never doing business with them again. 

I applied for the Lowes card right after our mortgage was signed, to get new carpet from Lowes installed. Had to request a CLI to boost it to $20k limit but that was approved. We got the carpet we wanted and saved I think 10% by using the Lowes card on over $8k of carpet. Save 5% on what we get at Lowes, which is better than the 0% I'd get from the Home Depot credit card. So yeah, would apply again for that Sync card. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 55 of 61
collics
Established Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@collics wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Total80sKid 

Wow thanks never knew that! I will add it to my list. Hopefully still available after I dig out of the garden. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 56 of 61
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

I would. The Sam's Plus card looks decent, like the Costco Visa.  I have Lowes, Chevron Visa and 
Verizon, and use them all.  I'd say that you can't really count on them, so treat them as expendable.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 57 of 61
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@collics wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Total80sKid 

Yeah the Chase Amazon was on my "garden for" list until I got the Affinity card.  It returns 5% on Amazon and a whole lot more.  There are some limitations, though, like Prime fee and Kindle downloads don't code for 5%... not sure if the Sync and/or Chase cards include that.

Message 58 of 61
stonedog23
Frequent Contributor

I miss my SYNC cards especially Lowe's, Care Credit, and PayPal MasterCard. I also had the Rooms To Go card, it helped my home look its best interest free. But I seriously doubt that I will app for another card from them again. Look at it this way, when we burn a credit card company, do they mess with us again? If they do, it's like 7-10 years. So why would I mess with Sync after they burned me? This forum always says don't take it personal, but how can you not, we are single consumers, not a business, who can afford to not take things personally? If I go to a restaurant and don't like their food or service, then I probably will not go back. I didn't care for the food nor service at Synchrony. 

NFCU GoRewards Sig ($40,000), NFCU Cash Rewards ($33,000), PenFed Power Cash ($25,000), FNBO Evergreen Visa ($20,000), Bread Financial Rewards Amex ($19,150), PNC Cash Rewards ($18,400), PNC Cashbuilder ($18,700) , Citi Double Cash ($9600), Discover It Cash ($9000), Walmart MC ($8000), Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards ($7500), Fifth Third Unlimited Cash Back Mastercard ($7500), Wells Fargo Active Cash Sig($7000), Apple Card ($6000), Amex BCE($6000), Amex ED($6600), X1 Card ($5000), PNC Points ($8000), Amex Cash Magnet($2000), Fifth Third Truly Simple ($4000), Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards($4500), Truist Bright Card($4500), CapOne Quicksilver(Bucketed @$1500), US Bank Cash+ ($5,000), US Bank Cash+ ($1,000), WF mortgage 195K Fico 8: EQ 766, TU 763, EX 753, FICO 9:EQ 829, TU 812, EX 791, AAoA-97 months, AoOA-28 years
Message 59 of 61
lgtwriter
Frequent Contributor

I have three synchrony cards (I am counting my ancient Paypal line of credit as a card lol)

Verizon Visa - yes I would apply for this again. I use it as my daily driver for groceries and get 4% including Shipt and Instacart delivery. I pay my Verizon bill with it as well. I like the card and find it useful.

BH Photo financing card - Yes I would apply for this card again. I buy all my apple gear, camera gear, speakers and electronics on this card and get 0% financing. I'm very happy with this card.

Paypal line of credit (used to be bill-me-later or something like that before synchrony took it over) No, I have no real need for this line of credit and keep it for age. I would not apply for it again as I get 0% financing elsewhere. I said earlier in the thread that it is useful and it is for the 0%, but I wouldn't go out of my way to apply for it again.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.