cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would You Apply for a Synchrony Card Today?

Duriel
Regular Contributor

Re: Would You Apply for a Synchrony Card Today?

@collics wrote:

@squarebasketball 

@Total80sKid 

I want 5% from Amazon also but I'm bypassing Sync and shooting for big papa Chase Visa.

Dedicated to sitting in the garden for 1-2 years for it.

You could also check out Affinity FCU's cash rewards card. 5% Amazon year round and an extra 5% this quarter with a number of other categories. 

Geography doesn't seem to matter as I am in Illinois and they approved me from New Jersey. 

Message 51 of 58
Adkins
Mega Contributor

Yes, but very carefully, as in only cards that are truly useful and none gotten for padding. 

Last HP 08-24-2021

Message 52 of 58
squarebasketball
Frequent Contributor

@collics wrote:

@squarebasketball 

@Total80sKid 

I want 5% from Amazon also but I'm bypassing Sync and shooting for big papa Chase Visa.

go for both. i have a 10k amazon synch but that's not enough so i decided to go for the amex amazon and got 16k. might still consider the chase amazon lol

Message 53 of 58
squarebasketball
Frequent Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@collics wrote:

@squarebasketball 

@Total80sKid 

You could also check out Affinity FCU's cash rewards card. 5% Amazon year round and an extra 5% this quarter with a number of other categories. 

Geography doesn't seem to matter as I am in Illinois and they approved me from New Jersey. 

thanks for sharing. i rarely keep myself up to date on these things so thanks for mentioning it!

Message 54 of 58
NRB525
Super Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

We app'd for a Lowe's card 2 weeks ago, so for me, yes. That said, I wouldn't app for another one on my profile, and we probably won't get another one on DW's profile. It seems the massive shutdowns have been people with a lot of cards and exposure, so I'm not getting any more than the 2 cards I have. We have some home repairs and remodeling coming up, so getting the Lowe's card made sense. 

I won't put ourselves in the position that a Sync shutdown would hurt us though, and I certainly can't blame anyone that has got shutdown for never doing business with them again. 

I applied for the Lowes card right after our mortgage was signed, to get new carpet from Lowes installed. Had to request a CLI to boost it to $20k limit but that was approved. We got the carpet we wanted and saved I think 10% by using the Lowes card on over $8k of carpet. Save 5% on what we get at Lowes, which is better than the 0% I'd get from the Home Depot credit card. So yeah, would apply again for that Sync card. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
Message 55 of 58
collics
Frequent Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@collics wrote:

@squarebasketball 

@Total80sKid 

Wow thanks never knew that! I will add it to my list. Hopefully still available after I dig out of the garden. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 2 2021

Message 56 of 58
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

I would. The Sam's Plus card looks decent, like the Costco Visa.  I have Lowes, Chevron Visa and 
Verizon, and use them all.  I'd say that you can't really count on them, so treat them as expendable.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 57 of 58
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@collics wrote:

@squarebasketball 

@Total80sKid 

Yeah the Chase Amazon was on my "garden for" list until I got the Affinity card.  It returns 5% on Amazon and a whole lot more.  There are some limitations, though, like Prime fee and Kindle downloads don't code for 5%... not sure if the Sync and/or Chase cards include that.

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.