cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a credit card report to CRAs if you close it before the first statement ends?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would a credit card report to CRAs if you close it before the first statement ends?

If you open a credit card account, decide you don't actually need it, and close it right away before charging anything on it and before the first statement cycle closes, will it still report to the CRAs, and stay on your credit reports for 10 years?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would a credit card report to CRAs if you close it before the first statement ends?

@Anonymous wrote:

If you open a credit card account, decide you don't actually need it, and close it right away before charging anything on it and before the first statement cycle closes, will it still report to the CRAs, and stay on your credit reports for 10 years?

Yes, it still reports and stays on your report.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would a credit card report to CRAs if you close it before the first statement ends?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! So, if I consolidate my limits before closing the card, that card will report as a closed card with $0 balance?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! So, if I consolidate my limits before closing the card, that card will report as a closed card with $0 balance?

Yes, it will-

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.