cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would anyone think I would be qualified for AMEX Blue or Green or Delta Gold?

tag
gotmilk70

Would anyone think I would be qualified for AMEX Blue or Green or Delta Gold?

As you can see from my signature below, I have a TU FICO of 735, EQ at 743 and EX at 694. All three are almost identical. No collections, no public records no negatives. Ex has 4 Inquiries, TU has 3, and EQ has 3. I have a closed student loan and 2 credit cards that was opened in the last 3-4 months. (All paid on time and in full with 9% usage) EX shows my recent payments while TU and EQ does not at this time.

There is no other noticeable differences in the three credit reports. EX has the Payments I made to my two credit cards. I have a Credit Limit of $500 between the both of them. (Bank Of America and Capital One Secured cards) EX shows $41 utilization and TU/EQ shows $45. $45/$500 should be 9% and Ex should be less. Anyway, Would I be able to give it a shot to apply for an AMEX Delta Gold, Or Blue or Green card and have any issues?

Should I wait till I own my two secured cards for a bit longer? I think I have decent credit. I want to Increase my credit rating and eventually Get rid of my Capital One card. What do you think? Thank you in advance!

| Experian : 734 FICO (4/13/2014) | Transunion : 726 FICO (4/12/2014) | Equifax : 743 FICO (6/16/2013) |

| Bank Of America Cash Rewards $300 | Barclaycard Apple $2,000 | Discover IT $1,000 | Amazon Store Card $3,500 | American Express Every Day $6,000
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: Would anyone think I would be qualified for AMEX Blue or Green or Delta Gold?

Tough call on this one for me....I would hate to say apply for the green charge card and you get denied.

I feel like you are very very close....but Im not sure that AMEX would like to see some payment history first.

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 22
gotmilk70

Re: Would anyone think I would be qualified for AMEX Blue or Green or Delta Gold?

Thank you for your advice. I mean I don't know why my EX score is lower by 49 points...but I think even then It is good. I really don't mind if I get any of the three, long as I don't get shut down. I have been paying my bills on time and in full with low utilization. My BoA Card will convert to an unsecured in a year, but my Cap card won't. That's why I am looking to close it and get a better card. Can't really go wrong with Amex...only when I am really ready for it. I just want to be sure I can...

| Experian : 734 FICO (4/13/2014) | Transunion : 726 FICO (4/12/2014) | Equifax : 743 FICO (6/16/2013) |

| Bank Of America Cash Rewards $300 | Barclaycard Apple $2,000 | Discover IT $1,000 | Amazon Store Card $3,500 | American Express Every Day $6,000
Message 3 of 22
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Where did you get your scores? 

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 22
gotmilk70

Here at myFICO.com. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 22
dodfire
Valued Contributor

You should pull them side by side and compare them line for line because something is showing different on there. 

*8/10/13
Message 6 of 22
gotmilk70

I did, I compared them and EX shows one more inquiry, $4 less total Credit usage and it shows more payments from my cards. TU and EQ show the same things. 3 Inquiries, $45 utilization and it is missing the payment from the Cap One card and two other BoA card payments. In theory, my EX score should be higher than my TU and EQ scores. I don't know what's going on. I bet if my EX score matched my other scores, I should qualify for at least Delta Gold or Blue! What do you think?

Message 7 of 22
HiLine
Blogger

I know you can get approved with 6 months of credit card usage history, but I'm not sure about a longer credit history but shorter credit card usage history. Anyway, if you decide to apply, don't apply for the Green - it is the least appealing charge card that Amex offers.

Message 8 of 22
bmd0224
New Contributor

I guess the big question is what is your Average Age of Accounts and Length of Credit History. Your scores look great for Amex Green or Delta Gold. I have an overal history or 15yrs and Average Age of 5 yrs and have two Amex Charge cards. My scors are below.

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 9 of 22
HiLine
Blogger

@bmd0224 wrote:

I guess the big question is what is your Average Age of Accounts and Length of Credit History. Your scores look great for Amex Green or Delta Gold. I have an overal history or 15yrs and Average Age of 5 yrs and have two Amex Charge cards. My scors are below.

Your signature doesn't show 2 Amex charge cards! Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.