cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would it really hurt anything to close a Wal-Mart store card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would it really hurt anything to close a Wal-Mart store card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Logged into my account again, luv button was back, hit the luv button, requested $1,000 thinking no way, bam went from $200 to $1,000!

I don't spend that much at Walmart so won't likely max it out, but still I'm curious if I could make it go higher. I guess I'll hold off on closing for a bit now.

I think you should. Keeping it opened and reporting "pays as agreed" every month can only work in your favor. Smiley Wink

Besides, Synchrony is very generous with CLIs. 

As with everything else in credit, Synchrony's willingness to award CLI's is strictly YMMV. I for one haven't had any luck with them over the past month on three of my four Sync accounts, and the fourth (PayPal 2% MC) likely won't be eligible for CLI's for a couple more months yet. (EDIT: The foregoing having been said, I just now logged in to my PayPal MC account and saw that the "request more" button has been added. I suppose it won't hurt to give it a shot after the upcoming payment processes and the next statement cuts.)

+1. True, but in your case, Sychrony Bank-issued MasterCards and Visa have stricter UW standards than Sychrony store cards. Smiley Happy

Two of those are Amazon and Walmart, and the other one is Care Credit, not a store card as such, but not a major-brand bankcard either.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Logged into my account again, luv button was back, hit the luv button, requested $1,000 thinking no way, bam went from $200 to $1,000!

I don't spend that much at Walmart so won't likely max it out, but still I'm curious if I could make it go higher. I guess I'll hold off on closing for a bit now.

I think you should. Keeping it opened and reporting "pays as agreed" every month can only work in your favor. Smiley Wink

Besides, Synchrony is very generous with CLIs. 

As with everything else in credit, Synchrony's willingness to award CLI's is strictly YMMV. I for one haven't had any luck with them over the past month on three of my four Sync accounts, and the fourth (PayPal 2% MC) likely won't be eligible for CLI's for a couple more months yet. (EDIT: The foregoing having been said, I just now logged in to my PayPal MC account and saw that the "request more" button has been added. I suppose it won't hurt to give it a shot after the upcoming payment processes and the next statement cuts.)

+1. True, but in your case, Sychrony Bank-issued MasterCards and Visa have stricter UW standards than Sychrony store cards. Smiley Happy

Two of those are Amazon and Walmart, and the other one is Care Credit, not a store card as such, but not a major-brand bankcard either.

This is definetly a YEMV-type situation. Your siggy looks great, so I say it's just Synchrony being stingy. I would call credit solutions to do it for you -- many here have had sucess with that. I cannot say the same for the luv button, though. Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the card serves no purpose to you, just close it. As long as it isn’t one of your oldest cards you should be good.

I closed mine yesterday and I am happy I did. I could had SD it but I don’t like the fact of managing another useless card just to keep it from being closed.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.