cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Would you pay $75 bucks to join PSECU?

My application is being "referred". i was told it would be investigated in order it was received. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

My application is being "referred". i was told it would be investigated in order it was received. 

Fingers crossed for you, sounds like they're investigating if its legit.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 42 of 48
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I recently got in after talking to multiple PSECU reps over the phone about how to apply.   I have a PA driver's license and they told me to use family address in PA on my app.  They wouldn't have advised this if the loophole mentioned here was valid.  Sorry guys.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 43 of 48
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

I recently got in after talking to multiple PSECU reps over the phone about how to apply.   I have a PA driver's license and they told me to use family address in PA on my app.  They wouldn't have advised this if the loophole mentioned here was valid.  Sorry guys.

Maybe a mailbox in PA would work as well for those interested?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 44 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

Maybe a mailbox in PA would work as well for those interested?

I dont think a PO box would work, only a physical address.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 45 of 48
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@TilltedBrim wrote:

Bump... Has anyone been able to get through this loop hole and become a member?  Hoping to keep this tread somewhat alive until someone post their success or not.

Well while I'm sort of hoping this works, my gut feeling is it won't unless you are a resident of the state of PA... or fall under one of their incredibly few exceptions to that fact.

I don't know why they changed their policies on that a year or so ago, but I rather doubt it's changed back again; however, I'd be pretty happy to be proved wrong Smiley Happy.  I'd pay $75 in a heartbeat for a one-time fee for access to my EX mortgage score for the next few years, that's not a decision I even have to think about it makes so much sense for me personally heh.

I'm guessing of the hundreds of people that signed up for accounts to just get their EX FICO score, most probably deposited minimal amounts in a checking account and pretty much do no business through PSECU, probably costing them money. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Message 46 of 48
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

I have confirmed this. I sent an email to them and this is the reply.

"Me: I am an associate member of PASEO and would like to know if I am eligible to join your Credit Union. Thank you.

PSECU: Good Morning:  In order to correctly answer your question what does PASEO stand for or what is the full name of the organization?

Me: It stand for Pennsylvania Association of Sewage Enforcement Officers. Thank you.

PSECU: You would need to be a permanent resident and municipal employee in PA."

edit: This is reply to the earlier post regarding being a member of PASEO to join PSECU. Forgot to quoteSmiley Tongue

Message 47 of 48
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@kwazziee wrote:

I have confirmed this. I sent an email to them and this is the reply.

"Me: I am an associate member of PASEO and would like to know if I am eligible to join your Credit Union. Thank you.

PSECU: Good Morning:  In order to correctly answer your question what does PASEO stand for or what is the full name of the organization?

Me: It stand for Pennsylvania Association of Sewage Enforcement Officers. Thank you.

PSECU: You would need to be a permanent resident and municipal employee in PA."

edit: This is reply to the earlier post regarding being a member of PASEO to join PSECU. Forgot to quoteSmiley Tongue

When did you send this message? Was it after 9/27?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.