cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you pay the fee?

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?

I think if it were me I'd pay the 55 bucks for 15k in credit at one time I paid more for a hell of alot less

Starting Score: Jan 2011-600TU 598 EQ
Current Score: 818TU 810EQ 813EX
Goal Score: 800 and higher across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Avant 750
US Bank plat 12k
US Bank Cash+ 24k
Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k
Chase FU 6k
BB&T Bright 6.5k
BB&T Spectrum 6.5k
BB&T Spectrum2 9k
Apple Card 13k
Amazon Store Card 10k
NFCU More Rewards 16.3k
Home Depot 5k
Cap1 QS 2k
NFCU Flagship 29k
Tractor Supply SC 3.5k
Lowe’s 35k
Penfed Signature Rewards 15k
Penfed PCR 25k
NFCU Platinum 29k

AU Accounts
Discover 4k
JCP 5k
USAA 12.5k
Chase Southwest 7.9k


Inq's
LOL /12 -24
Message 31 of 40
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?


@addicted_to_credit wrote:
I think if it were me I'd pay the 55 bucks for 15k in credit at one time I paid more for a hell of alot less

true true.  great way of thinking about it.

Message 32 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?


@addicted_to_credit wrote:
I think if it were me I'd pay the 55 bucks for 15k in credit at one time I paid more for a hell of alot less

Username extremely relevant...

 

But in all seriousness, it makes sense in that case.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 33 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?


@laz98 wrote:

unfortunately, she doesn't have great credit.  the only baddie she has is a 60 day late from 2008, but apparently it's really bogging her scores down.  TU 709 & EQ 719.  i haven't enrolled her in psecu yet, so i don't know what her EX is.  both scores have dropped about 20 points from april with only a minor increase in util.  it actually annoys me that her scores are so low.....they're barely higher than mine, & i have a big old unpaid chargeoff on my reports.  luckily her auto-enhanced scores were much higher when we were car-shopping, very similar to april's fico scores.


No luck with GW on that late, huh?  My wife had a similar thing on a Chase CC in 08 and they would not budge.  

Message 34 of 40
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?


@p- wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

unfortunately, she doesn't have great credit.  the only baddie she has is a 60 day late from 2008, but apparently it's really bogging her scores down.  TU 709 & EQ 719.  i haven't enrolled her in psecu yet, so i don't know what her EX is.  both scores have dropped about 20 points from april with only a minor increase in util.  it actually annoys me that her scores are so low.....they're barely higher than mine, & i have a big old unpaid chargeoff on my reports.  luckily her auto-enhanced scores were much higher when we were car-shopping, very similar to april's fico scores.


No luck with GW on that late, huh?  My wife had a similar thing on a Chase CC in 08 and they would not budge.  


it's on a student loan.  her parents were supposedly paying it, but her mom failed to tell her that she decided to stop Smiley Mad

 

the company doesn't even have the loan anymore; they sold it off to ACS.  ACS isn't reporting it, thankfully.  she doesn't need 2 of those reporting.

Message 35 of 40
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?

In my mind it depends.

If you dont have a lot of CC debt and its only 2 years old, myself Id close it if the fee was anything I was concerned about.

The only cards we have that have a fee is US Bank and they waive it as long as we make a single purchase per year.

But...in my mind if I had the 55 bucks I might go ahead and keep the card for a couple years till the other account is older.

 

 

EQ FICO 735 as of June 17, 2011
EX FAKO 767 as of April 3rd, 2012
Citibank($10,000@10.74%) Discover($5000) CapitolOne($4500)
USBank($3000) AMEX($2000) BOA($2000) NRAVISA($4000)
ChaseVisa($500)
Message 36 of 40
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?


@MrGoat wrote:

In my mind it depends.

If you dont have a lot of CC debt and its only 2 years old, myself Id close it if the fee was anything I was concerned about.

The only cards we have that have a fee is US Bank and they waive it as long as we make a single purchase per year.

But...in my mind if I had the 55 bucks I might go ahead and keep the card for a couple years till the other account is older.


no, it's not only 2 years old, it's older than her next oldest non-store card by 2 years.

 

anyway, we've already decided to keep it, unless they close it because we aren't using it enough.  thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 40
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?

Ouch smc kinda hurt my feelings I think we are all addicts to a degree besides user name "lookingoutformycredit" was too long either way though I think at one time we all paid more for less..……

Starting Score: Jan 2011-600TU 598 EQ
Current Score: 818TU 810EQ 813EX
Goal Score: 800 and higher across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Avant 750
US Bank plat 12k
US Bank Cash+ 24k
Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k
Chase FU 6k
BB&T Bright 6.5k
BB&T Spectrum 6.5k
BB&T Spectrum2 9k
Apple Card 13k
Amazon Store Card 10k
NFCU More Rewards 16.3k
Home Depot 5k
Cap1 QS 2k
NFCU Flagship 29k
Tractor Supply SC 3.5k
Lowe’s 35k
Penfed Signature Rewards 15k
Penfed PCR 25k
NFCU Platinum 29k

AU Accounts
Discover 4k
JCP 5k
USAA 12.5k
Chase Southwest 7.9k


Inq's
LOL /12 -24
Message 38 of 40
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?


@addicted_to_credit wrote:
Ouch smc kinda hurt my feelings I think we are all addicts to a degree besides user name "lookingoutformycredit" was too long either way though I think at one time we all paid more for less..……

Hahaha, Smiley Tongue, I love some of the usernames on this forum, such as FICO_NIGHTMARE, haulingthescoreup, etc...  So relevant.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 39 of 40
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Would you pay the fee?

Couldn't agree more smc Im just glad I'm not addicted to worse either way it drives DW crazy

Starting Score: Jan 2011-600TU 598 EQ
Current Score: 818TU 810EQ 813EX
Goal Score: 800 and higher across the board


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Avant 750
US Bank plat 12k
US Bank Cash+ 24k
Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k
Chase FU 6k
BB&T Bright 6.5k
BB&T Spectrum 6.5k
BB&T Spectrum2 9k
Apple Card 13k
Amazon Store Card 10k
NFCU More Rewards 16.3k
Home Depot 5k
Cap1 QS 2k
NFCU Flagship 29k
Tractor Supply SC 3.5k
Lowe’s 35k
Penfed Signature Rewards 15k
Penfed PCR 25k
NFCU Platinum 29k

AU Accounts
Discover 4k
JCP 5k
USAA 12.5k
Chase Southwest 7.9k


Inq's
LOL /12 -24
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.