cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! Barclay reporting before I even get my card.

tag
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Wow! Barclay reporting before I even get my card.

I went on an app spree right before the 4th of July and I got an AMEX charge, CSP, Chase Freedom, and Discover IT and none of them have reported. I recon'd a US Airways card on Thursday and was approved and I just got the alert that i have a new account on my report. What's taking everyone else so long? Barclay is on it!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow! Barclay reporting before I even get my card.

@OHWWCB wrote:

I went on an app spree right before the 4th of July and I got an AMEX charge, CSP, Chase Freedom, and Discover IT and none of them have reported. I recon'd a US Airways card on Thursday and was approved and I just got the alert that i have a new account on my report. What's taking everyone else so long? Barclay is on it!

Barclay's is always the quickest to report, with AMEX/Discover the last (can take up to 2 months)!

Most card issuers don't report until the first statement is generated, such as Chase.

Congrats on your new cards though, enjoy!

Message 2 of 10
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I went on an app spree end of may/first of June. 

Chase reported first, two weeks ago

Discover popped up this week, and is still only on 2 of the 3 bureaus. 

AMEX still hasnt appeared on any bureau. 

Message 3 of 10
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Just wondering, what is the report date listed on your credit report? Odd to get a weekend update..

Message 4 of 10
BottomRanker
New Contributor

Barclaycard reports your new account the instant it is approved. This has the (un)wanted side effect of you thought you applied for a card, but Barclaycard's broken website cookies say you applied for a co-branded card with an annual fee that isn't waived. Worst bank/credit card company I've dealt with in the past year.
Message 5 of 10
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@abundancejones wrote:

Just wondering, what is the report date listed on your credit report? Odd to get a weekend update..

Well, that is another weird thing. It says on SW first reported 7/1/2014 yet I didn't even apply for the card until the other day.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 6 of 10
Forte747
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your Approvals. My Amex took two billing cycles to report but NFCU reported a day after approval.

EQ: 661, EXP: 667, TU: 682, FICO®
GOAL: 800s
IN MY WALLET: AMEX PRG: NPSL | NAVY goRewards VISA: $7K | NAVY CashRewards: $3K | Navchek: $15K | Cap1QuicksilverOne: $2K | Cap1 QuickSilverOne: $2K | Cap1 Spark Business: $1K | Discover IT: $1.4K | Harley Visa: $1.5K | Lowes: $3.9K | FingerHut: $3.5K | NASA Rewards Visa: $2K | Amazon: $1.4K | Barclay Apple Visa: $1.2 | Barclay Rewards: $1.5K | GM WM Elite: $1000 | Walmart SC: $4K | | Kohls: $300 |
Message 7 of 10
EW800
Valued Contributor

Same here.  My new Barclay account reported to the CRA's very quickly - at least a couple of days before we received the cards.  They do not waste any time in that area!  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

OHWWCB - same card open dating is on my CBs. Two of three CBs show opened the first day of the month and the third CB reports the actual date. In fact TU is the CB that has the exact open date. They are always at least one week behind the other bureaus in monthly credit updates too (slow).
Message 9 of 10
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

Yep they're fast 6/30 Spree Barclays reported 7/1 BOA 7/7 Citi 7/20 Chase 7/25 Discover Not yet Amex Not yet Cap one Not yet
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.