Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, Barclays.

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Wow, Barclays.

OP I would like to know as well considering I have a newly opened acct with them and have gotten approved for 3 additional cc's since I opened there acct.

Message 21 of 50
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Still no update?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 22 of 50
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Can they only SP the credit report they pulled for approval? I noticed when NFCU SP me, they only softed the CR they originally pulled from.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 50
MagicShot
Contributor

Any update?

Message 24 of 50
CS800
Super Contributor

After reading this, I had to log onto my Barclays account to make sure it was open and they didn't CLD me. I sit at a $10K CL but rarely use this card anymore.

Sorry to hear about your situation Smiley Sad

Message 25 of 50
MagicShot
Contributor

I did the same thing. lol

Message 26 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are in the process of rebuilding our credit. May 2012 we were approved for $2000 from Barclay's Apple. We made two payments every month, paying it off or nearly off every month.  Then, in October we applied for two department store cards and were approved with low limits.  Sent a payment to Barclays last Thursday for $1500. The site acknowledged receipt of payment and the decreased balance but the available limit didn't change. We called and were told on Saturday that they were holding the payment until the 16th.  Today when we logged in the account had been closed.  Called them and were told that it was due to the new credit cards.  Really made us upset but figure that it was our mistake to open the new cards even though we haven't used them and it's their loss! I wouldn't go to Barclays if they begged me!

Message 27 of 50
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We are in the process of rebuilding our credit. May 2012 we were approved for $2000 from Barclay's Apple. We made two payments every month, paying it off or nearly off every month.  Then, in October we applied for two department store cards and were approved with low limits.  Sent a payment to Barclays last Thursday for $1500. The site acknowledged receipt of payment and the decreased balance but the available limit didn't change. We called and were told on Saturday that they were holding the payment until the 16th.  Today when we logged in the account had been closed.  Called them and were told that it was due to the new credit cards.  Really made us upset but figure that it was our mistake to open the new cards even though we haven't used them and it's their loss! I wouldn't go to Barclays if they begged me!

Usually with new creditors i don't worry about it but barclay is a different story. i plan to not open anymore accounts or apply for anything for a year. it's a known fact around these boards they love to close accounts if ppl apply/open new accounts after being approved for a barclay account.

i just got a bill me later account but that doesn't count since it doesn't report to the CB and they only hard pulled EQ so my TU is safe.

Message 28 of 50
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

They did the same thing to me.I wish goverment would protect the consummer at once from discriminatory pactices like this.And iam not trying to hear anyone here advocating the barclays practices please! They doing it to us again .We are getting treated like garbage from this predatory lenders like barclay they are giving credit at 24 % and they insult us by closing our accounts like our time dont mean nothing!our credit dont mean nothing?

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 29 of 50
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We are in the process of rebuilding our credit.

That is most likely the answer right there. I have had inquiries and new accounts since Barclays and have had no problem. I have even spoken to two analysts who noticed the new accounts, and still no closure. I only have two years of history, but it is clean. Most of the people who report that accounts were closed have a bankruptcy reporting, or other derogatory marks on reports. It is obvious that they would watch people more closely if they have bad credit, since if they are applying for more, they could be headed back to where they were before.

Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.