Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow, Barclays.

tag
KBraggs
Valued Member

Re: Wow, Barclays.

OP ,In the future, research cards on myFICO before you apply for them. If you had, you would have easily come upon the many threads on this very forum addressing Barclay's sensitivity to inquireis and new accounts. Even just one or two.

I have a Barclay Apple Financing Visa from June '12, starting limit 1800. I applied for and received 3 other cards at the same time. 3 months later, my CL was decreased to $900, with $0 available ($112 balance). My account is still open, never given a reason, and I never called to ask why becuase I figure as long as my account is open, Im fine with it. I'll just keep making minimum payments and eventually they will bring it back im sure. No need to stir the pot with such a sensitive lender. Plus, thanks to these forums, I wasn't really surprised by it anyways.

Message 41 of 50
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

What are you talking about me beefing at other opinions . i am trying to have a conversation with other blogers and you coming here an threaten me with banning forever like i hurt someone or threaten someone.Whats going on here

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 42 of 50
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

What are you talking about me beefing at other opinions . i am trying to have a conversation with other blogers and you coming here an threaten me with banning forever like i hurt someone or threaten someone.Whats going on here

It's quite simple, really: This is not your blog. You do not get to set the rules of discourse here. If you cannot follow the rules of the blog, you will not be afforded the PRIVILEGE (NOT "right") of blogging here.

I hope that explanation was clear, because it was written about as clearly as I can state it.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 43 of 50
mrmichaelscott
Established Member

LMAO some people blame everyone but their own selves when something goes wrong... I'm gonna say whatever I want and assume that however much you make on your tax return you spend twice as much... and that you're probably maxing out all of your cards, maybe that's why Barclay closed your account. Make yourself accountable for your own actions instead of you're wasting so much of your time and energy blaming banks. 

Message 44 of 50
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

This is one of the most entertaining threads that I have read so far. Barclay has the right to do whatever they want with their money -- just like you have the right to do whatever you want with your money. They do not owe you anything. If they don't want to lend you anymore of their money, then they don't have to. If you want to borrow their money, then you have to follow their rules. They are not in the wrong for not wanting to lend someone their money. And they do not owe you the right to borrow their money from them. He who holds the gold makes the rules. Please don't think that I am standing up for Barclay. I am simply standing up for logic.

Similarly, if you want to use this site, then you must follow the rules of this site. Once again, you do not get to make the rules. Further still, once again it is a privilege to use something of someone else's -- not a right. I struggle to understand why this concept is so difficult to comprehend. Please understand that I am not talking down on you in any way. I am just a little bit confused, just like you are. There is  nothing right or wrong, good or bad about your state of confusion (or mine, for that matter) -- this is just the way it is. The truth hurts sometimes, but at least it is true. Take this post any way you want. Continue ranting if you want. But you are at least aware now of the truth, even if it's hard to admit.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 45 of 50
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Ur absolutly right they dont really have to lend you anything and ur right again that using someones else propery is not a right and yes is a privilige but in regards being free i agree with you is a privilige.However if your paying for it like paying intrest on the credit card does not make it a privilige but simply a business right in my opinion.Your advise in regards to the post was really good and i was simply misunderstood from the point of the Moderator.At the time that the account was closed my utl on my credit report was 1% The only other thing was bmw financial did a unauthorized hard pull resulting on 6 accounts getting closed and thats whats caused all the nightmare.Now  whats was really bad is that the other accounts that were closed were 3 years old and all because of Bmw Financials unauthorized hp.

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 46 of 50
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I just got the card and charge 2700 out of 3000 and paid it after a week in full.As soon as the payment posted account closed It was a apple financing visa.I bought something at apple store.My utl. was at 1 % on my credit report.fico at the time was at 729 transunion. And no i have not maxout all my credit cards.

Message 47 of 50
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@astritaho1979 wrote:

Ur absolutly right they dont really have to lend you anything and ur right again that using someones else propery is not a right and yes is a privilige but in regards being free i agree with you is a privilige.However if your paying for it like paying intrest on the credit card does not make it a privilige but simply a business right in my opinion.Your advise in regards to the post was really good and i was simply misunderstood from the point of the Moderator.At the time that the account was closed my utl on my credit report was 1% The only other thing was bmw financial did a unauthorized hard pull resulting on 6 accounts getting closed and thats whats caused all the nightmare.Now  whats was really bad is that the other accounts that were closed were 3 years old and all because of Bmw Financials unauthorized hp.

Excellent! Now we are getting somewhere. I've highlighted the only part that I have a small issue with in red (not because it is wrong, but because it stands out better).

Paying interest is a result of the CCC lending you money. This is your end of the bargain when they agreed to lend you the money to buy whatever it is that you bought with the money that they lent you. It does not mean that they must grant you the right to borrow more of their money. It just means that they allowed you to borrow some of their money already -- under the condition that you would pay interest on it until you paid it back in full. Then, they decided not to lend you anymore money.

I appreciate the level of respect that you have shown me thus far. It is nice to have a discussion with someone that can leave emotion out of it and just look at the facts. It was an unexpected surprise and I thank you for it -- and the kind words. I expected the possibility of a very negative response, and I received the opposite -- a respectful, classy response that leads me to believe that maybe you were just misunderstood.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 48 of 50
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@astritaho1979 wrote:

I understood you quite clearly, but I'm not so certain you are getting it. You have a strong disdain towards companies like Barclays and CapOne and that's fine. There's nothing wrong with posting about your own experiences and opinions about this or that company. Where we have a problem is that you couldn't stop with your own threads or giving advice when asked by others. You took your contempt a step further and began raining on others' proverbial parade when they posted about their own success with the very CCs you despise.

There are three things you are doing that we take issue to: you are cross-posting virtually the same thing over and over again, you are trying to flame others by being less than friendly, supportive, and respectful, and you are doing much of these by bumping older threads. You are telling posters to close their CC after posting about their CLI success. You are flaming others by telling them they are a rep with this or that CC or making assumptions about posters' scores because they got a CapOne. Or telling others they have a crappy score.

My "banning" comment was directed towards you because you aren't getting it, and you need to if you want to continue posting within these forums. Helping others or posting your two cents when asked is OK. Putting down others or their success, calling them names, and cross-posting or taking threads off-topic are not OK and will lead to an involuntary departure.

Message 49 of 50
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I get it.I wasnt sure for the tone used on the forum.I apologize if i hurt someone in any way.That was not my intension and i will adjust my tone accordingly.One more reason for doing so is that iam new to this forum and my expression towards others might have been a little strong so i see where you coming from.I wanna help people thats why i am here to begein with.Sharing my experience in best possible way.Now.if is ok with you how about you giving me an advice to how to start a new thread.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.