Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow Thanks Guys!

tag
grubs
Valued Member

Wow Thanks Guys!

First off I stumbled accross this board after being denied credit for the first time in september of last year. I wondered why I was denied and what could I do to improve my chances of an app.After doing some reseach on this forum I learned a ton over the past few months about the whole credit world. Thanks to everyone here!

This past week I went on a mini app spree and got 3/4!

Credit Profile at times of APPs

Full time student, part time employee: $10,149 annual income.

Three open accounts:
Ge/Autocare Store Card: $1500 (March 2011)

Golden One Student Visa $1000 (August 2011)

Citi Student Foward $1300 (February 2012)

AAOA--1 year 7 months

Experian inquiries 5 total, most recent nov. 2012 others are over a year old.
Equifax inquiries 3 total.
Transunion 0

Perfect payment history, no negative reports whatsoever.

Utilization 3% on one card other two have no balance.

Fico score from EQ---> 742 , Fico from Transunion---> 771

APP spree results!

1. AMEX BCE----> $3700 pulled EX

2.Citi Dividend---> Denied (insufficient Income) Pulled Ex

3.Chase Freedom--->$1500 Pulled Ex

4.Discover IT---> $2500 (not sure EQ?)

Im still suprised of the credit limits I recieved based on my income Only $10,149  (Part time Employee, full time student).

Again very greatful and appreciative of you guys! My availible credit exceeds my annual income, but im responsible and wont go crazy on spending and will PIF monthly!

what kind of FICO score decline should I be expecting with these new accounts?

quick! somebody tell me not to app for the NFL barclay card!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Wow Thanks Guys!

Don't app for the NFL Card! You have done well with your app spree.

Another Barclays card may suit you- you can be picky now 😊
Message 2 of 10
ElCamino
Contributor

First off, congrats!

Second off, since you're a student, you may be better suited to apply for the Sallie Mae World MasterCard, it gives you 5% cashback (capped to $250 per billing cycle) and it includes gas, groceries, and books. It's also issued by Barclays.

Also, don't hesitate to try and recon the Citi card, just make sure they don't do another HP on you!

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 3 of 10
grubs
Valued Member

@ElCamino wrote:

First off, congrats!

Second off, since you're a student, you may be better suited to apply for the Sallie Mae World MasterCard, it gives you 5% cashback (capped to $250 per billing cycle) and it includes gas, groceries, and books. It's also issued by Barclays.

Also, don't hesitate to try and recon the Citi card, just make sure they don't do another HP on you!

thanks! I called the CITI recon number earlier today and the nice rep told me that it was an income issue and nothing else so I didnt go any further because I understand that my income didnt meet their requirement.

I will have to check that card out!

Message 4 of 10
Express
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! On all of your cards Smiley Surprised, And Welcome to the Amex Family  Smiley Very Happy  

CL $408,200
Message 5 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats on the nice spree

Message 6 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 10
nfs_mw
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Don't app for the NFL Card! You have done well with your app spree.

Another Barclays card may suit you- you can be picky now 😊

+1 ..Dont app for the NFL one..

Congrats on the approvals..and welcome to the AMEX family Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Yea!  Don't app for anything else!

You have a low income but you are in the door with Amex and some other really good lenders.  Well done!!

Now all you have to do is pay in full and on time and let those relationships grow....and they will grow. Smiley Happy

Congrats!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 9 of 10
sonson
Regular Contributor

Wow congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.