cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow!! That was fast! Showing on CRs after only 3 days!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!! That was fast! Showing on CRs after only 3 days!

FYI: I applied for and was approved for a Gap CC (GEMB) on Saturday (10/24/09). My CL is only $250. (boo hoo! but it's better than a decline!) I used the account to buy a few things to take advantage of the 20% off. Only spent $19.00 though. I checked my EX report today, and this account is already reporting with the $19.00 balance!!! I can't believe CCCs report that quickly. I will go to the mall this week and PIF. If I had known that it would report that fast, I would have PIF immediately after opening the account.

Was just trying to lower util. I had an app spree last week after I had to app for new car (car wreck). I was approved for $3650 in additional credit over 6 cards. I am disappointed in the CLs, but it will help my util%. It should drop from 84% to 64%. My AAofA will suffer and lots of added inq will probably hurt a bit as well. I am done app'ing until after I buy a house in 6-10 months. I hope that the app spree won't hurt when I go for the mortgage. I will continue to pay down balances to get scores up more, pref. to high 600s to low 700s.

Jelly

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow!! That was fast! Showing on CRs after only 3 days!

The CC reports according to their norm. A new account is probably reported immediately. They then normally report once a month, usually the day the statement is generated.

AFTER THAT, the Credit Reporting Agencies generate reports according to THEIR scedule. Usually less than 24 hours for EX, several days for TU and a week or so for EQ.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my Hooters card hit my reports a few days b4 I even got it in the mail. I called to see if I was approved and was told yes but they said I had to wait until the card arrived to find out my CL. I pulled my reports the same day and I see Hooters and even got to find out what my CL was a little early.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I think my Hooters card hit my reports a few days b4 I even got it in the mail. I called to see if I was approved and was told yes but they said I had to wait until the card arrived to find out my CL. I pulled my reports the same day and I see Hooters and even got to find out what my CL was a little early.

Checked reports today and the B&N MC is on there as well. I do not have any of these cards in hand. Was approved less than a week ago! I guess this is great for my util % as it should be reduced, but I hope that my AAoA won't suffer too much. Hopefully the lowered util will balance the reduced AAoA and I won't lose points.Hopefully I'll gain as the new TL will reduce util by 20%. I'll just have to wait and see.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.