cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow... They messed up, this is unbelievable!

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow... They messed up, this is unbelievable!

This happened to me with Chase last month. I rang to close a business card to open a new personal one but she couldn't because it had a balance so she transferred 8000 and left 1000 until I paid and then ring later to do the rest. A few days went by and I noticed the card hadn't bee lowered, but the new card was approved when I spoke to verifcation. I get the card and activate it and the business card is still sitting at a 9000 limit. So after closing some other personal cards (10,000 United Explorer and 1,000 Sapphire Preferred) and moving them over I ring to have the business card moved to the personal card. To do this you have to request a credit limit increase on the personal card and ring the credit analyst to do it. If you don't, they will just all say that they can't do business to personal.

Anyway, she puts me on hold and I expect her to come back and that the limit is only 1000 but she comes back and says it will take a few more mintues. I'm thinking she'll do the same as the other lady and say that there's a balance so she can't do the whole thing, but any amount would be good. A few minutes later she comes back and says she's moved the 9000 limit from the business to the personal card. So now the card has about a 300 balance with no credit limit, which I thought would be impossible. I'm not sure what happened with the first analyst when she was supposed to close it, but I've no issues with how things turned out.

Message 11 of 38
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't want to get the operator in trouble.
It is a mistake on her part.

Does the Bank only have 1 operator?

Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I take a chance however slim is this was your job?

Message 13 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is just not a realistic scenario.   Equally Richard Fairbanks could be reading this thread and say "I better fire all my reps in case this was Capital One"

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are right.

Unrealistic, let's say that I am keeping it secret then Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 38
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

Weird thread. OP let them know that made an error.

Message 16 of 38
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. We talk about secrets on the board all the time... unless you did some thing illegal!

2. Depdning on the bank and when you did this, a lot of times you will see the move before it actually updates on the older accounts in another day or so.

3. I don't know why you would call them

Message 17 of 38
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Too weird....

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 18 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Done.

Call backdoor number ounce more. 

Requested to move the CL for my oldest card to the new one, but now the CL of the older card was way higher then prior to the original request.

Second request went through, now my newest card has in effect gotten a CLI with no HP!

Call 1:

- old card CL 1k

- new card CL 3.2k

Prior to call 2, a little online check:

- old card CL 4.2k

- new card CL 3.2k

After Call 2:

- old card is gone

- new card CL 7.4k

Cost: 2 phone calls and a SP

Message 19 of 38
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is just not a realistic scenario.   Equally Richard Fairbanks could be reading this thread and say "I better fire all my reps in case this was Capital One"

LOL... not Cap1 as they do not combine but I would say it is Barclays Smiley Tongue

OP..congrats to the unexpected CLI Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.