cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow... They messed up, this is unbelievable!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Wow... They messed up, this is unbelievable!

@lg8302ch wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I take a chance however slim is this was your job?

It is just not a realistic scenario.   Equally Richard Fairbanks could be reading this thread and say "I better fire all my reps in case this was Capital One"

LOL... not Cap1 as they do not combine but I would say it is Barclays Smiley Tongue

OP..congrats to the unexpected CLI Smiley Happy

Right, even more reason for Mr Fairbank to fire the entire staff!

Message 21 of 38
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I take a chance however slim is this was your job?

It is just not a realistic scenario.   Equally Richard Fairbanks could be reading this thread and say "I better fire all my reps in case this was Capital One"

LOL... not Cap1 as they do not combine but I would say it is Barclays Smiley Tongue

OP..congrats to the unexpected CLI Smiley Happy

Right, even more reason for Mr Fairbank to fire the entire staff!

... or read this forum and make some changes in his company and finally let customers combine card limits Smiley Wink

Message 22 of 38
Exonumist
Established Contributor

This just seems unethical to me. It's great and all, but they gave you those limits for a reason. Hopefully it doesn't catch up to you later when they review and you end up with a CLD or any other adverse action. The first call Ok. The second one taking advantage of the situation kind of bothers me. Just my opinion though. I don't mean to rain on your parade...

Message 23 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

This just seems unethical to me. It's great and all, but they gave you those limits for a reason. Hopefully it doesn't catch up to you later when they review and you end up with a CLD or any other adverse action. The first call Ok. The second one taking advantage of the situation kind of bothers me. Just my opinion though. I don't mean to rain on your parade...

The second call just moved CL around and closed the card, no additional exposure for the bank and not really taking advantage of the situation.   You are basically asking for the OP to tell them they made a mistake.  To me, that is way above and beyond the social contract needed with these instituions.   Also the amounts involved are small, it's not as if they gave her a $500K credit line which she plans to spend and default on.

But since she didn't name the instituion when I asked, yes, very unethical indeed!

Message 24 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

:/
Well... Now I fell bad Smiley Sad
All I want is an overall increase in overall credit to reduce overall utilization.
I don't even plan on using that card...
Message 25 of 38
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
All I want is an overall increase in overall credit to reduce overall utilization.

Oh no!  So you fraudulently got that bank to increase their liabilty with no intention of giving them a revenue stream in return?

Rule 1: When people question the ethics, ALWAYS ignore!

Message 26 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't plan on using the card as a hit and run... As in maxing it out.
I want to keep it at 10%
Message 27 of 38
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't feel bad... that 1K card was probably long overdue for a CLI anyway Smiley Happy

Message 28 of 38
Exonumist
Established Contributor

I'm not saying that OP should let the bank know. Not at all. They screwed up let them deal with it. I just think the second call was kind of pushing it. Again just my opinion. I didn't intend to make OP feel bad. I just think it's important to point out that this could have been a bad idea. The last thing we need is a bunch of random people to start trying to replicate the situation just because they read about it on a forum.

Message 29 of 38
red259
Super Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

I'm not saying that OP should let the bank know. Not at all. They screwed up let them deal with it. I just think the second call was kind of pushing it. Again just my opinion. I didn't intend to make OP feel bad. I just think it's important to point out that this could have been a bad idea. The last thing we need is a bunch of random people to start trying to replicate the situation just because they read about it on a forum.

Really don't see how. Its the same overall liability to the bank anyway. I doubt that the bank extended OP more credit than their credit ceiling would allow. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.