Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-1 card pleasant change.....

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

X-1 card pleasant change.....

So i got an email that you can now start getting 3 points per buck if you spend $1000.00 a month. They called it an Upgrade from the spend $15000.00 a year....see attached....it's at the very least an improvement instead of a nerf so.......Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 7.10.40 PM.png

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: X-1 card pleasant change.....

Can't nerf card that barely anyone uses. 

Besides, as long as they don't touch credit line, most would be fine with 3X Chicken Nuggets for rewards. 

Message 2 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Not a whole lot of difference there ($250/ month)...

Now do these multipliers mean you start earning 3x AFTER you hit whatever goal you choose, or does it mean all the spend you did to build up and reach the goal will retroactively earn 3x along with all future purchases within the same calendar year?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Not a whole lot of difference there ($250/ month)...

Now do these multipliers mean you start earning 3x AFTER you hit whatever goal you choose, or does it mean all the spend you did to build up and reach the goal will retroactively earn 3x along with all future purchases within the same calendar year?

Good question @OmarGB9 

I received the same notification and it's really lacking any details and it's hard to understand if that 3X is "after" the first $1K or "for" the first $1K.  Either way, that was better than the yearly option.  They also appeared to continue with "boosts" each week so there's extra advantage/points if you hit those goals...admittedly, their pretty simple to hit.

Message 4 of 8
AlanGJP
Established Contributor

I received the same email today. I may start throwing some spend on mine and see how it goes. 3X could be great for those categories I can't find a fit for.

Regarding retro-active multipliers. I know their yearly one is retro-active. So my guess would be this one is too. I can't confirm and obviously you shouldn't assume, but I'll report back if I decide to give this card some love again.

As an aside: Seems I'm in the minority here as I actually like the card.

Personal Cards:
Business Cards:
Closed Cards:
Data Points:
Last Updated: 2023/11/09
Message 5 of 8
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

@AlanGJP wrote:

I received the same email today. I may start throwing some spend on mine and see how it goes. 3X could be great for those categories I can't find a fit for.

Regarding retro-active multipliers. I know their yearly one is retro-active. So my guess would be this one is too. I can't confirm and obviously you shouldn't assume, but I'll report back if I decide to give this card some love again.

As an aside: Seems I'm in the minority here as I actually like the card.

As with most things, the haters usually never had it to start with. I'm also willing to bet you get the 3x for the 1k, since that's how the 15k yearly goal works. It makes sense to me anyway.

3/3/24
Message 6 of 8
Dadof31978
New Contributor

it's a nerf..it's clearly in the T&C that each month:

$0-$1000 2x

$1001-$7500 3x

$7501 - xx 2x

before it was retroactive. 

Message 7 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Dadof31978 wrote:

it's a nerf..it's clearly in the T&C that each month:

$0-$1000 2x

$1001-$7500 3x

$7501 - xx 2x

before it was retroactive. 

Thanks for following the fine print...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.