cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Card Invite in 3 weeks after request! Is this normal?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

X1 Card Invite in 3 weeks after request! Is this normal?!

After only requesting for invite 3 weeks ago I just receive my X1 Card invitation! Is this normal to receive an invite so quickly? I've been looking around on reddit and myfico to see what wait times have been like and it seems like months and sometimes over a year for an invite. Does anyone know how there invite system works? Do they prioritize certain credentials over others? Additionally would love to know how the application works....what scoring model and bureau do they HP from? Any insight greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: X1 Card Invite in 3 weeks after request! Is this normal?!

@Anonymous wrote:

After only requesting for invite 3 weeks ago I just receive my X1 Card invitation! Is this normal to receive an invite so quickly? I've been looking around on reddit and myfico to see what wait times have been like and it seems like months and sometimes over a year for an invite. Does anyone know how there invite system works? Do they prioritize certain credentials over others? Additionally would love to know how the application works....what scoring model and bureau do they HP from? Any insight greatly appreciated.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason behind who's getting an invite and who isn't. 🤷 They seem to HP from EX  as the data shows. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 16
dkm23
Established Member

I believe I submitted my request on 1/4/22 and received my invite email on 2/14

Message 3 of 16
ccquest
Established Contributor

There's plenty still in line, plenty getting invites shortly after request, and plenty that need invite codes to get in with.

I requested mine back in 2020 and didn't get the actual invite until the start of January.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 4 of 16
Mero_mero

This company doesn't seem normal at all.  I applied with an invitation code that was given to me and I was declined for not meeting their credit/income threshold.  Over a month later, they emailed me stating though I was declined, they'd like to me to update my income and apply again using Plaid to verify what I had in banking.  Nothing changed with what I had in checking, give or take a couple thousands dollars, and they approved me with a $38,500 credit line.  That makes zero sense.  If I was a marginal risk a month prior, why give me a $38,500 credit line a month later?  Also, though I never take cash advances, the cash advance limit on the $38,500 credit line is $500.  It's like they're trying to inflate their porfolio with the large credit lines, but have been shutting down people for making charges over $1k and seem sketchy.

Message 5 of 16
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Took me 13 months to get my invite, but my scenario is definitely not the norm.

Potential Future Cards
Message 6 of 16
jonblaze24
New Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason behind who's getting an invite and who isn't. 🤷 They seem to HP from EX  as the data shows. 

Unless I am missing something, it seems the HP comes AFTER you accept the offer? Can't go wrong with knowing your SL before the ding...I just requested another code using a different email, hope to get something from them soon. 

Message 7 of 16
Metalcards
Regular Contributor

I requested invite April of 2021 and still haven't received it.

😭

Message 8 of 16
increasingmyfico
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Doesn't seem to be normal to get an invite so quickly, but a few like you have been lucky. Others like me have been waiting months. The invite doesn't ask for much so not sure if anything there has anything to do with how they select who gets to app first. 

Message 9 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

For giggles I requested an invite a few weeks back and received it just a few days ago.

On closer look, unless I'm overlooking something I'm not a good match for this product and I won't be applying anyway.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.