Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X1 Credit Limit Decrease

tag
Alucard
New Contributor

X1 Credit Limit Decrease

Received approval for an X1 card earlier this year for $25,000. I used the card for internet purchases as you can request a one time credit card number which protects me against fraud and paid it off each month. Recently I received a notification that my credit limit was reduced to about $9,000. After doing some research it seems this has happened with a lot of customers.

Overall i've had a postive experience using the card, but having the limit decreased is a little frustrating. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys just in case you are thinking about getting the x1.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: X1 Credit Limit Decrease

@Alucard wrote:

Received approval for an X1 card earlier this year for $25,000. I used the card for internet purchases as you can request a one time credit card number which protects me against fraud and paid it off each month. Recently I received a notification that my credit limit was reduced to about $9,000. After doing some research it seems this has happened with a lot of customers.

Overall i've had a postive experience using the card, but having the limit decreased is a little frustrating. I just wanted to share my experience with you guys just in case you are thinking about getting the x1.

Thanks for sharing recent DPs, but honestly, not surprised on X1's recent CLDs.

Aside from the bling factor, most people on here (and elsewhere) were attracted by their (easily exploited) invite-exclusivity, SP approvals and astronomical SLs. Now that their CC portfolio has reached a certain performance level and maturity cycle including capital ratios, it's fairly easy to see they've revaluated individual CLs and determined a plethora of customers are not using them to such capacity. 

Now, you don't see many folk rushing to apply for X1 which is usually what happens when FOTMs lose momentum.

ETA - didn't both of your Discover CCs get a CLD recently as well? 

Message 2 of 18
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Oh brother... here we go with these guys. Sorry to hear this @Alucard .

Message 3 of 18
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear that. Could you share some additional DP like your current credit score, inquiries, number account accounts with limits, balances (or utilization) as well as income (since X1 relies mostly on income in their decision)? So far I have had good experience with X1, but I am cautious about them as well as any creditors when it comes to any AA like CLD or closure

Message 4 of 18
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Alucard,

Sorry this happened to you, but this is a continuing trend with X1. I use my X1 card for some recurring charges,and I'm waiting for them to cut my CL.

Dont worry, because there are much better cards out there. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 5 of 18
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the CLD. i don't have any super high CL cards yet but it does seem to be something to be wary of even outside of AA with banks especially depending on the financial winds are blowing for them or the CL on the card isn't really being utilized 

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED $30,000 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $6000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $38,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $33,000 /

SOCKDRAWERED FNBO JEEP CARD $7700/ WELLS FARGO ACTIVE CASH $8200/ CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/ / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700
Message 6 of 18
Alucard
New Contributor

average credit score is 710 (should go up once I pay off some balance transfers). Utilization is around 11%. At the time of the increase I had 2 inquiries in 24 months. Income is around $115,000.

It seems a lot of cardholders are experiencing the same thing:

Link #1

Link #2

Link #3

Message 7 of 18
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about the CLD OP. I started the X-1 app process over the Summer-but bailed once the process started getting real complicated b/c I have some good CLs already and to me it wasn't worth it. Glad now I made that decision. Sounds like the Cap One haircuts all over again.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 8 of 18
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

I just proactively closed my X1 account. I was approved for $30k back in Nov 2021. I only put a month's worth of spend on it before it ended up getting sock drawered in favor of better rewards cards. With these CLD DPs popping up lately, I figured it was only a matter of time before X1 came after my account for non-usage.

Hindsight 20/20, it was mistake applying for the card. Lesson learned about chasing FOTMs Smiley Happy

TCL: $401.4k
Message 9 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Ya know what really hurts ... after months of "stop sharing referrals! TOS bruh!!!" even to the point of having sticky thread about that..now it's "bleh, this sucks"   

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.