cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YIPPEE! NFCU CLI! BUT SHOULD I HAVE ASKED FOR MORE??

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

YIPPEE! NFCU CLI! BUT SHOULD I HAVE ASKED FOR MORE??

I am SO excited!  Got up the nerve yesterday to call NFCU and request CLI for my Cash Rewards (07-09) and Platinum (09-09).  I don't need the higher limits for purchases at this time, but since I took advantage of NFCU BT offer on these cards, I wanted the higher limits to improve utilization.

Hadn't wanted to have report pulled if not pretty confident in getting CLI,  so have not asked before now. Reoort is now totally clean, 709EQ FICO with about 30%+ utlization, no inqs, although US Bank (Kroger 123) is reporting as new card as of 10-10(other posts elsewhere on the forum on this sore subject!!).

CSR with whom I spoke said I was 'in the right time frame' to request the increase, although it would not  be automatic, requiring  review (2 days) and since I was requesting after 2 pm, might be Monday before I heard anything. (As a side note, she also reminded me (I'd also got letter)  I was pre-approved for auto loan re-fi, which I'm strongly considering.  I've hesitated because didnt want another new acct reporting, but as I've said before, sometimes 'fiscal' has to rule over

fico'.)

I was very conservative with increases I requested:  +1500 on Plat ($3500 to $5000)  and +2000 on Rewards ($5500 to $7500).

Signed on today and could not believe my eyes.....the amounts I requested were already there!  WooHooooooo!!!Smiley Very Happy

Now I'm thinking I should have asked for a little more.  My highest CL before this request is $7500 on Nationwide, so I was leary of asking for more than my current highest limit.  I would love to have a CL with 2 digits before the comma, but asking for $10K or so seemed to be asking for too much.

I guess I can't go back and ask for more now that these limits have already been changed ......or can I???

And when can I request another CLI?? 

Read a lot of older posts on CLI with NFCU, but didn't see as many current ones....and some of the newer ones mentioned they were getting 'tighter'.

Hope someone with some recent experience or knowledge of NFCU CLI practices will chime in!!

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: YIPPEE! NFCU CLI! BUT SHOULD I HAVE ASKED FOR MORE??

I always shoot for the stars when asking for CLI, most banks will counter if they can't give it all.

Message 2 of 3
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: YIPPEE! NFCU CLI! BUT SHOULD I HAVE ASKED FOR MORE??

Thanks, credit!!

I guess I should've been a little more 'agressive' with my request.  It's  the 'southern' in me...don't want to appear greedy!! LOL

With NFCU in particular, would it be possible to re-visit my request (ie: call and ask for more using same report) or should I just wait and try again in the future?  How long should I wait before asking again??

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.