cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay!!! Approved for Amex Blue Cash Preferred!!!

tag
FICOADDICTED
New Contributor

Yay!!! Approved for Amex Blue Cash Preferred!!!

Everytime I have the option of pre-approved - I always see it on the Blue Cash preferred but as an upgrade the last pre-approve (upgrade option) was 2 nights ago; I looked at it today and no pre-approval I guess they come and go rather quickly and I read it somewhere that it will be an upgrade option from AMEX True Earnings card.       I went ahead and apply today (new app) and I was instantly approved with a $5k limit I was shocked with limit I thought they will start me with $2k like my True earnings that I got this past January.  Time to garden........

Amex (3), Chase (2), Cap One(2), USAA (1), NFCU (1), Citi (2) Nordie Store Card, VS, BB Store card and HD store card......
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Re: Yay!!! Approved for Amex Blue Cash Preferred!!!

DW and I want one soooo bad I have been denied twice though I did talk to some one at Amex today and he told me there were too many inqs in the last 6 months after asking about explaining why I have so many inqs And weather or not it would help

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 2 of 4
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
DW and I want one soooo bad I have been denied twice though I did talk to some one at Amex today and he told me there were too many inqs in the last 6 months after asking about explaining why I have so many inqs And weather or not it would help

Well, you know Amex like to pull EX. How many inqs is too many in the eyes of Amex? Do you have any Amex card?

Message 3 of 4
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

At one time the zync then the plat and settled on the pr gold as far as inqs I'd say 30-40 in the last 2 years but what was interesting was a csr or analyst said there were too many in the last 6 months so that's about 18 with 7 from Amex since the start of this year I was also FRed in April and they soft my exp report fairly regulary even been pre-approved a handfull of times for the BCP CC and a few times for other revolvers so if they are softing me for offers I would assume they knew before I hit apply I dont know maybe they like dangling the carrot in front of the ass I mean donkey

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.