Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yay...Approved for CareCredit

tag
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Yay...Approved for CareCredit

My first instant approval. I only needed 1000. I applied for 4000. And was instanly approved. It is my highest limit. I am so happy. My EQ 636 utilization 4% with 5 baddies all 4 years old.

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yay...Approved for CareCredit

How exactly does this work?  Do you need to see a doctor before you apply for credit?  Also, can you use it to pay for another family member or friend even?

Message 2 of 18
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

If the medical provider accepts carecredit you can use it to pay for your dental, vision and even veterinarian visits. No you do not have to see a doctor before you apply but it is best to see if your physician accepts the card first (if you love your doctor already)..lol ...My eye dr does not accept carecredit so i sent the office the information. I just applied for it online.

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Message 3 of 18
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

I know you can use it for family members, I'm not sure on friends. Possibly. If the doctor accepts Care Credit and you are paying the bill, you can use the Care Credit card. My husband was approved last year for the card and he uses it for my dental care at my dentist. We even got on the promotional 12 month no interest if paid in full.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leah5570 wrote:

I know you can use it for family members, I'm not sure on friends. Possibly. If the doctor accepts Care Credit and you are paying the bill, you can use the Care Credit card. My husband was approved last year for the card and he uses it for my dental care at my dentist. We even got on the promotional 12 month no interest if paid in full.

Congrats!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Good job!

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

anybody have any negative experiences with CareCredit?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We have Care Credit, with an $11,500 CL.  We put $4,000 on it last fall and paid it off pronto.  I don't like these guys.  They show up as a Consumer Finance Company on my credit reports (mortgage pull and CCT reports) - if I would have known that we wouldn't have opened the account.

Our dentist office warned us to be careful when adding additional charges because they come up on different payment plans.  True, they do.  And your payments go to pay off (at least ours did) the latest charge first, leaving the oldest charge the last to be paid.  If you make an error and miss your payment plan deadline with a balance still reporting, you'll be charged the full interest for the full amount of the loan - with their high interest, that's a killer.

If you google Care Credit consumer reviews, you'll find many stories where people have failed to keep their end of the bargain and have gotten badly burned.

We'll be putting any future large medical on a rewards card with low interest and pay it off ASAhumanlyP.  Far less risk!  MOO!  (My Opinion Only) Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 18
blacklotus
Regular Contributor

I don't want one of these cards but out of curiousity would anyone be willing to post APR and default APR?

TU Fico 736 EQ Fico 730 (December 2012)
Message 9 of 18
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

We have Care Credit, with an $11,500 CL.  We put $4,000 on it last fall and paid it off pronto.  I don't like these guys.  They show up as a Consumer Finance Company on my credit reports (mortgage pull and CCT reports) - if I would have known that we wouldn't have opened the account.

Our dentist office warned us to be careful when adding additional charges because they come up on different payment plans.  True, they do.  And your payments go to pay off (at least ours did) the latest charge first, leaving the oldest charge the last to be paid.  If you make an error and miss your payment plan deadline with a balance still reporting, you'll be charged the full interest for the full amount of the loan - with their high interest, that's a killer.

If you google Care Credit consumer reviews, you'll find many stories where people have failed to keep their end of the bargain and have gotten badly burned.

We'll be putting any future large medical on a rewards card with low interest and pay it off ASAhumanlyP.  Far less risk!  MOO!  (My Opinion Only) Smiley Wink

Hey beam!!

I'm sorry your experience with Care Credit has not been a very good one. I must say I've never had any problems. It is reported as a revolving account which helps me I know. The times I've had several different charges reporting at the same time I was able to call and allocate my payments the way I wanted.

Someone asked the APR and default APR? 26.99% and 29.99%.

But I've never paid a penny in interest.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.