cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yeah sooooo....Im gonna head back to the garden....

tag
heyhey120

Yeah sooooo....Im gonna head back to the garden....

Dangit! I gotta stop reading all the success stories on here about new approvals! I have what some would call FOMO, or, Fear of Missing Out lol. Was doing well, until i logged onto here. Then I foolishly apped for a CAP 1....and...wait for it....a friggin AMEX! Who the hell do i think i am???? well,with 2 HP's, a disenchanted disposition, and a head hung lower, Im back in the garden until 2075. Now someone please throw away the key...

Smiley Sad

My Scores: Walmart (TU) 11/10/2013~647, EXP 11/2013~679. GOAL~~700 Club by mid 2014
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Yeah sooooo....Im gonna head back to the garden....

@heyhey120 wrote:

Dangit! I gotta stop reading all the success stories on here about new approvals! I have what some would call FOMO, or, Fear of Missing Out lol. Was doing well, until i logged onto here. Then I foolishly apped for a CAP 1....and...wait for it....a friggin AMEX! Who the hell do i think i am???? well,with 2 HP's, a disenchanted disposition, and a head hung lower, Im back in the garden until 2075. Now someone please throw away the key...

Smiley Sad

Soon to be a happy gardener who the GC club will help get that Amex in time and well before 2075 

Sorry about the denial

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
heyhey120

Thank youSmiley Happy  One day at a time right?

My Scores: Walmart (TU) 11/10/2013~647, EXP 11/2013~679. GOAL~~700 Club by mid 2014
Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's okay, sometimes we all need a little self-restraint.

Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 13
heyhey120

I need a tap on the hand and a time out haha! Works for my 18 month old!

Message 5 of 13
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

So I assume you weren't approved for either one, but you have a Cap 1 card in your signature. Is that a different one than the one you app'ed for? And which Cap 1 card were you trying to get?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 6 of 13
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Don't let your head hang too low.  I too get caught up in seeing all the approvals and need to focus on other things in life!  Which Amex did you try for?  Assuming no recent or unpaid baddies, once your scores are 650+ you have a good shot at getting one of their chargers.

Message 7 of 13
heyhey120

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

So I assume you weren't approved for either one, but you have a Cap 1 card in your signature. Is that a different one than the one you app'ed for? And which Cap 1 card were you trying to get?

Yes I was thinking of getting the Quicksilver One, oh well.

Message 8 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@heyhey120 wrote:

Thank youSmiley Happy  One day at a time right?

One day at a time step by step and all the support you need in the garden

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 13
heyhey120

@B335is wrote:

Don't let your head hang too low.  I too get caught up in seeing all the approvals and need to focus on other things in life!  Which Amex did you try for?  Assuming no recent or unpaid baddies, once your scores are 650+ you have a good shot at getting one of their chargers.

I applied for the Delta Sky Miles card. Did the typical "head to who gave me credit" site and saw the random under 670 approval, and thought that could be me too.Lesson learned lol

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.