Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year in review. Cards approved and deleted

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Year in review. Cards approved and deleted

I’ve canceled a few recently—Walmart, Amazon, and Uber. Notable acquisitions are a US Bank Cash Plus and a Citi DC. 

May I ask what your stats were when you got the Ducks Unlimited card? I really want that one!

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 11 of 44
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

I started 2018 with no credit cards. All I had were my student loans and some baddies waiting to fall off. Now I have 11 credit cards and total Credit Lines of $46,700. I think I've done pretty good for what my situation was before hand.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 12 of 44
Kforce
Valued Contributor

My "Fresno Peppers" are still producing here in December.

Year in review 0:0

Message 13 of 44
galahad15
Valued Contributor

New cards acquired in 2018:

Cash Magnet Amex - $25k CL
Wells Fargo Propel Amex - $12.5k CL

Was also able to get sizable CLIs this year on my BoA, FNBO, and Citi cards, which I was very happy and delighted with Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

No need for a good memory here.  Started 2018 with just the Capital One QS1 and everything else (in my sig) was acquired in 2018. Nothing has been closed yet, going to try to make it through 2019 with no new cards, and possibly close 1-2.

Happy Holidays to all! 

Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zero changes for me this year. No added cards and no deleted cards. My credit score is very high and my AAoA is continuing to rise.

Message 16 of 44
Gmoney144
Regular Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

I’ve canceled a few recently—Walmart, Amazon, and Uber. Notable acquisitions are a US Bank Cash Plus and a Citi DC. 

May I ask what your stats were when you got the Ducks Unlimited card? I really want that one

I’m not sure which CRA was pulled. My fico ranges from 709-740.  I was denied 2 months ago when my score was in the mid 600s.  

Business Cards
Message 17 of 44
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Too many cards prior to 2018 to list.  Too many CLIs and reallocations to recall clearly what grew and by exactly how much.

Added:

• TD Bank Jordan's Furniture Card (January) - $10,000.  No plans to open anything at the time, but bought a new $4,000 couch and the 7 years of 0% was a little too hard to turn down.
  • Citi ThankYou Premier (April) - $3,000 (LOLWUT).  Obviously got it for the SUB which got me $625 worth of free elite-qualifying airfare toward my family's Delta status goal for next year.  Got a SP CLI to $4,500 soon after opening it.  Will ask again next month; assuming it will just grow slowly a few grand a year like my other one.  Needed another $95 annual fee card for the collection.
  • Delta Reserve (October) - $10,000.  Got it for the record-high 70k SkyMiles and 10k MQM bonus, as did my wife.  Slim window to time it right, but both of us will hit the $5,000 spend the first week of January and not before or else those MQMs will count toward 2019 status instead of 2020 status and be wasted (hotel and airline statuses are earned for the remainder of the current year and the following year if anyone is wondering why my years are off by one).  Needed two more $450 annual fee cards for the collection.
  • Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business (November) - $10,000.  Targeted email offer for 50k SkyMiles and 10k MQMs.  My first business card; Amex finally made me a well-timed offer I couldn't refuse.  As with the Reserve, I'm being careful to not hit the spending until after January 1st.  Needed another $195 annual fee card for the collection.
  • U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve (November) - $14,000.  I knew I'd probably end up grabbing the card at the beginning of the year anyway, and decided that since I didn't have any spending bonuses due in the next few weeks I may as well add another $4500 to the other $16k in SUB/retention offers I have going.  LOL  Anyway, $750 in airfare for a signup bonus, free Gogo in-flight WiFi that I usually pay for anyway, the travel credits, and 4.5% back toward airfare for Apple Pay purchases?  No brainer!  I was missing a premium card with only a $400 annual fee in my collection.

Product Changed:

• Chase Sapphire Preferred to Sapphire Reserve - CSR would have made more sense for me to start with, but I was LOL/24 and that was before CSR started popping up in the green checkmark offers.  Needed another $450 annual fee card for the collection.
  • American Express Starwood Preferred Guest to SPG Luxury - It's like they designed the card specifically for me.  Did a no-points upgrade on launch day instead of a new app because of any card I ever got this was the most no-brainer of them all and I was already close to hitting the $75k annual spend to secure Marriott Platinum Elite status for next year when the card was launched.  Needed another $450 annual fee card for the collection.
  • Tried to change my Citi Diamond Preferred to Citi Prestige, but PCs to that card are on hold so I'll have to wait until the card is relaunched to see if it still makes sense.  Needed another $450 annual fee card for the collection.

Cards Closed:

• Capital One Venture One - Frankencard made up from about 8 or 9 Capital One cards (including cards they've bought from other lenders) I've had since shortly after they changed the name of the company to Capital One in the 90s.  (I combined a few cards in the early '00s that have since fallen off of my reports.)  Not one of those ever got a single credit line increase in all of those years, even with a flawless payment history and decent enough scores.  For some reason they've never liked me and the feeling is mutual (yet strangely they quickly got me to the max credit line on my Kohl's card).
  • Bank of America BankAmericard - closed and moved limit to Travel Rewards, only got it because credit analyst talked me into it for a balance transfer which I did and paid.
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards - closed and moved limit to Travel Rewards, only got it for the signup bonus and attempt to break the $100k ceiling with BoA.
  • Chase Slate - closed and moved limit back to my CSP so I could PC it to CSR, only got it for the balance transfer with a green checkmark offer.
Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

Well Pickle juice.. Pickles.gif

I don't have a clue how y"all remember all that!

Maybe I just have brain damage but I can't remember when I got what card.

I recall the last few from this year but I would have to go through my reports for anything beyond that.

I bow to your superior memories! 

And hope everyone has a fabulous 2019!!  happynewyear3.gif  After a VERY Merry Christmas of course. Xmastreegif.gif

Simple.  I keep a very detailed spreadsheet that contains practically everything I would want to know about any of my credit cards.  The main page shows Card Name, Date Opened, Current Balance, Utilization, Last Activity Date, Payment Due Date, Monthly Closing Date, Reporting Date, CLI Date.  I also keep a column where I can simulate my aggregate utilization if I allow certain cards to report balances.

2018-12-07_14-09-21.png

Message 19 of 44
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Gmoney144 wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

May I ask what your stats were when you got the Ducks Unlimited card? I really want that one

I’m not sure which CRA was pulled. My fico ranges from 709-740.  I was denied 2 months ago when my score was in the mid 600s.  

Thanks! How many Inqs?  My scores are fairly close to yours but plenty of inqs recently...

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.