Year in review. Cards approved and deleted

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Year in review. Cards approved and deleted

AmX added—$15K, it’s now $25K
Chase FU deleted—$5K

I was so mad @ Chase because the only reason I applied was because I had a green checkmark. Reason: over 5/24. I canceled card that day and applied for AmX and never looked back.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 41 of 44
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Dang @maizeandblue. I keep almost the same Excel spreadsheet. I must of copied this idea from you when I started it in 2016.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Acquired prior to 2018

First Premier

First Premier

FNBO

HD

Saks

Cap1 QS (was platinum steps originally)

Alliant SSL

Acquired 2018

PenFed

Disco

CFU

Sam’s Club MC

BBVA

WF Propel Amex

USB+

Best Buy Visa

Kohl’s

DCU Visa

Campus USA CU Auto Loan

BBVA Express Loan

Closed

First Premier

First Premier

Alliant SSL

Plans for 2019

PC CFU to CF

Close all PenFed accts

PC QS to Savor or Savor 1 or close

Close WF Propel at 1 yr anniversary

Went from 775 in Dec 2017 to 837 in 2018 then after all the credit seeking activity hover around 800 to 815 now

Message 43 of 44
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

This year was the year I decided to start fixing my credit. I started in the mid 500's and have slowly worked my way up to 713 (highest ever and just updated today!). Before rebuilding, I only had my Wells Fargo Secured ($1,200 deposit) and Capital One Platinum ($300 SL - $500 CLI). I was tired of having crappy cards and crappy credit and when I found this forum, I was HOOKED! My Fiance makes fun of me because I'm basically obssessed now, but I don't see him complaining about the $12,000 limit he now has with Discover...

So I went a little app crazy when my credit started improving. Once I hit the mid 600's I started checking the pre-qual sites. Apped for Discover and approved! Then came AMEX, CareCredit, PayPal MC, Amazon Store Card and PenFed; approved for all. PenFed certainly surprised me with my 2 cards at $8,000 SL's! All of my other cards started at about $500 - $1,500. It's only been a few months, but I was approved for a couple of CLI's and denied for others.

Overall, it's been a great year! I finally know how to be responsible with my credit and expect to be in the mid 700's next year. My last collection will fall off early next year, so I'm looking forward to that as well. It's a paid medical collection for under $100, so it's not doing so much damage, but on every single report it shows "Collection" as why my scores are being held down. Also going to ask for some CLI's in the spring time. Also looking to get rid of my Capital One as I'm about 99% sure it's bucketed. I want the Savor card so it's on my list for next year possibly.

Love you guys!!Heart

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.