Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yep It's True...

tag
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Yep It's True...

I called today for a PC on my Zync and got a million apologies from Amex for a CS Rep misinforming me. You cannot PC or Upgrade a Zync for any other cards.Smiley Sad

*kicks rocks and screams out loud like Charlie Brown*

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Yep It's True...

@Sweets8E wrote:

I called today for a PC on my Zync and got a million apologies from Amex for a CS Rep misinforming me. You cannot PC or Upgrade a Zync for any other cards.Smiley Sad

Now that stinks. I was looking to PC my Zync to the SPG sometimes next year. Guess it would be another HP.

Message 2 of 9
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Ya, I knew that.  I don't forsee me with any other charge card with AMEX but the Zync however.  Unless my job makes me start traveling, but I'd make them give me a gold, preferably platinum in that case.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 3 of 9
learnin113
Established Contributor

It sucks, but you're hilarious.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

Now that stinks. I was looking to PC my Zync to the SPG sometimes next year. Guess it would be another HP.

Amex never allows product changes from one type of card to the other (charge card to credit card or vice versa).  So even if the Zync could be PC'd, it would only be to other charge cards.

Message 5 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

Why not just AP for the card you want, AAoA isn't effected negatively unless you have a very new card. Every tradeline with AMEX has the same member since year... why not add more?  You can close the Zync after you have your new card in hand, no need to even worry about a balnce since you PIF each month anyway. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 9
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

Why not just AP for the card you want, AAoA isn't effected negatively unless you have a very new card. Every tradeline with AMEX has the same member since year... why not add more?  You can close the Zync after you have your new card in hand, no need to even worry about a balnce since you PIF each month anyway. 

Looks like that's going to be my next step. I really just hoped to not have to incur another hard pull for an upgrade on my charge card. I already anticipated it for a revolver. I just feel like I am a little ways off from an Amex revolver. Since my new Chase Southwest and Discover More cards aren't reporting yet, I think I may hold off on the app. Maybe next year at some point.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

Looks like that's going to be my next step. I really just hoped to not have to incur another hard pull for an upgrade on my charge card. I already anticipated it for a revolver. I just feel like I am a little ways off from an Amex revolver. Since my new Chase Southwest and Discover More cards aren't reporting yet, I think I may hold off on the app. Maybe next year at some point.

early in the new year is the best time to AP for amex anyway gains you the best backdating goodness, i love my Zync(1/2011) card being 11 months older than my first AMEX(12/2011) card that i got 1 month before the zync.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well that indeed sucks Smiley Mad

Guess i'
ll have to kee pthis one as my charge card and app for the BCP next year.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.