cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes! Chase CLI approved but why so low increase?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

Yes! Chase CLI approved but why so low increase?

I have my chase card for 4 years.  Was approved only $200.00 I asked for $500.00.  Is it because my Credit sccore is at 650?  My question is can I call the backdoor number and ask for more of an increase? 

Thanks.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: WOOHOOO Chase CLI approved but....

@glamchick wrote:

I have my chase card for 4 years.  Was approved only $200.00 I asked for $500.00.  Is it because my Credit sccore is at 650?  My question is can I call the backdoor number and ask for more of an increase? 

Thanks.

4 years and only $500 you gotta be kidding me man ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@nicholasyud wrote:

@glamchick wrote:

Thanks.

4 years and only $500 you gotta be kidding me man ;-(

Machines don't think or feel, A bussiness analsyst came up with a formula that is based on current CL, credit score, annual income and computed what percent of increase to give the OP,  Based on the initial CL they gave him a  150% CLI, so they like him, The program didn't take into account that $500 is a low limit, or that $300 isn't verry large increase it simply gave him a 150% CLI that the formula computed, if he would of started with a $5000 CL, he would of been granted a  $7500 CLI to  $12,500. 

If you call in and have a manual review he may get more because they can take into account the low starting CL. This is the problem with just barely good enough to get the card. You get to take the slow road and go through backdoors to get to where you would of been naturally if you waited 6 months more and got a good approval. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 3 of 4
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

what does the remainder of your credit report show? lates, charge offs, judgements? These too all factor into your credit limit and prospective increases.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.