cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes i am insane and loving it.

tag
yanksrox94

Yes i am insane and loving it.

Hey guys im new here but have been lurking for a while. Im only a 18 year old college studen but have been taking great care of my credit and prepping for future loans etc. So the crazy thing is that these last couple months ive been on a mega mega app spree and just recently got some very nice cards. It seems that my credit score has been hovering in the 650-680 range. I know i dont need all of this but i dont care. Here are my spoils.

Apple Barclaycard- 1700$ limit

Capital 1 ( AU)- 750$ limit

Capital 1 journey- 500$ limit

BOA Cash Rewards Students- 700$ limit

Chase Freedom- newly approved unknown credit limit

AMEX BCE- 2000$ limit

Chase Amazon- 1000$ limit

I have gotten some good cards that will allow me to maximize rewards and build credit for the future. I probably have around 12 hard inquiries on my report and will be living in the garden for the forseeable future. Thank you guys for the great knowledge because you guys helped me get to where I am.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Yes i am insane and loving it.

Welcome to the forum

Congrats on your cards and now you should take care of those new seedlings and garden for awhile

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
yanksrox94

Thank you, I very much plan to do just that.

Message 3 of 12
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Great App spree. Congrats and have fun in the garden.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 4 of 12
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!  That is a very impressive haul.  I would resist the urge to app for anything else lest you set yourself up for adverse action.  Enjoy the cards you have and garden with them for a few years.  You'll be all set to buy a house when that time comes in the future.

Message 5 of 12
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  See you in the garden.

Message 6 of 12
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Cograts to you and good luck with school, only to be 18 againSmiley Sad see ya in the garden, right now

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 7 of 12
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@yanksrox94 wrote:

Hey guys im new here but have been lurking for a while. Im only a 18 year old college studen but have been taking great care of my credit and prepping for future loans etc. So the crazy thing is that these last couple months ive been on a mega mega app spree and just recently got some very nice cards. It seems that my credit score has been hovering in the 650-680 range. I know i dont need all of this but i dont care. Here are my spoils.

Apple Barclaycard- 1700$ limit

Capital 1 ( AU)- 750$ limit

Capital 1 journey- 500$ limit

BOA Cash Rewards Students- 700$ limit

Chase Freedom- newly approved unknown credit limit

AMEX BCE- 2000$ limit

Chase Amazon- 1000$ limit

I have gotten some good cards that will allow me to maximize rewards and build credit for the future. I probably have around 12 hard inquiries on my report and will be living in the garden for the forseeable future. Thank you guys for the great knowledge because you guys helped me get to where I am.

Welcome to myFICO, and congrats on your approvals. I would take it easy and garden now...you're only 18, so there is ample time to app...Smiley Wink

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 12
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

So, to help others with their journey - what was on your existing credit reports at the time of this spree? Did you already have credit cards? If so, for how long? Did you have any installment loans reporting?

And then, in which order did you apply for all these cards?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 9 of 12
yanksrox94

Re: Yes I am insane and loving it.

Well my earliest credit card was my capital one and I was an authorized user on that one for about 1.5 years. I did carry a balance on that one for a while. My first CC under my name was a Barclay and I had that for about 8 months before I started really applying. In march I got the BOA, Cap 1 journey. Lastly a couple days ago I applied and the AMEX BCE, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon. I also wanted but was denied for the citi forward and discover it, most likely because of too many inquiries. I did not have any loans on my credit report.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.