cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score!

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know how a joint checking account would work with getting your EX scores? I didn't see anything about joint accounts on the website.

I recall reading at one point that they don't offer joint scores, but do offer individual ones. What I do not remember is if they offer the scores on joint accounts.

Message 41 of 731
clocktick
Valued Contributor

A joint account wouldn't work.  I just read it today.  See bottom note:

http://www.psecu.com/fico/

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 42 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Well, I have a statement, but no score yet. Smiley Sad

I think that someone else already figured this out, because I kept seeing references to January, but I think you have to have had a full month's worth of membership to start getting the scores.

So January it is!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 43 of 731
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Oh thats not good but I guess if we've waited this long to see our EX Fico score, an additional month won't hurt.  I just received my Congrats email yesterday telling me to look out for my Welcome packet in the mail!!  I can't wait to apply for the cc/loc product. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 44 of 731
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I thought i read somewhere that the scores dont show up untill around the 10th or 15th of month.

Message 45 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Woolfman wrote:

I thought i read somewhere that the scores dont show up untill around the 10th or 15th of month.

PSECU says on its site that they make the request and then wait on Experian.

But since the scores show up on the statements, I guess it just floats around until the next statement. If so, this would explain what I had heard about scores being a month behind. But hey, my most recent EX FICO score is 22 months behind, so I can wait. Smiley Wink

psecu ex.jpg

From the More Info button:

At this time, we do not have your FICO Score on record to display here. Once a month we will request the FICO Score and up to four score factors for each individual who enrolls in the FICO Score Service. As long as you remain enrolled in this service during the time we request our monthly update you will be included. We have scheduled this process to run on the 1st day of the month but we do reserve the right to delay that process for any reason. After the request is made, we rely on ExperianSM to respond. This process may take up to 15 business days as the credit bureau does not guarantee a timeframe.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope you find this service to be a valuable tool in monitoring you credit's health.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 46 of 731
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I was wondering this as well because my PRPS membership doesn't start until 1/1/11 (<--- ha, that looks weird) as well.  Also, I have not seen  my EX score since 11/30/08!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 47 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@clocktick wrote:

I was wondering this as well because my PRPS membership doesn't start until 1/1/11 (<--- ha, that looks weird) as well.  Also, I have not seen  my EX score since 11/30/08!

I don't think it's because of when the PRPS membership starts (that's the qualifying organization that lets us join PSECU), although it could be, of course.

I think it's more a case of the process of PSECU requesting the scores from Experian: first you join, then they make their request on the next first of the month, then Experian provides the score sometime mid-month, then it appears on your next statement.

With credit unions, joining (or registering with) the qualifying organization is just the requirement to become a CU member. It gives you a name to enter in that box. I'm definitely already a member of PSECU, with a statement and 500 bucks in checking and $5 in share. Now I have to move my automatic PenFed auto loan payment from my old CU to PSECU, which should be fun!

Message 48 of 731
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Great, informative post, Hauling.  Application is printed, signed, and in mail.  Even going to follow your lead and move a car payment over to PSECU once we're all up and running ...

Thanks.

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 49 of 731
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Few things. i read it a bit differently . the request the info on the first and it takes 15 days to show up. Leads to believe it will show up in the time frame i have read elsewhere.   As far as the score showing up on the statement. Psecu@home as a whole section for the score and stuff . So i dont think the statement is a sticking point. As the links lead you to a place that doesnt have your statement involved.

But i guess we will see in a few weeks how it goes !

Message 50 of 731
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.