Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yikes! A letter from Chase on my freedom acct

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yikes! A letter from Chase on my freedom acct

@fused wrote:

We received the same offer from Chase on a joint account. My DW understands how these cards work, so she agreed with me to decline the offer. We aren't interested in "playing the game" with another CCC.

When was it?  Does Chase treat your card differently now?  Any changes on your acct?

If I look at bright side ... it may be good thing that my Freedom Visa CL will not be include in my total CL when I need to app for Auto Loan later since my income is not that big.  Plus the strike (three major grocery stores in southern CA) may happen and we don't know where it goes at this moment.

Message 21 of 23
cdtotten
Established Contributor

I received the same letter today, and was upset considering my Chase Freedom line is $15k and I am currently carrying a 0% balance for the next few months....

Anyways, I want to make it perfectly clear to everyone concerned about this:

YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO DECLINE THE UPGRADE. I spoke with a Chase rep on the phone at the number provided and it took less than 1 minute, without even a question. If having a credit line is important to you, then call and decline. If it's not, then let it happen. This is a non-issue.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cdtotten wrote:

I received the same letter today, and was upset considering my Chase Freedom line is $15k and I am currently carrying a 0% balance for the next few months....

Anyways, I want to make it perfectly clear to everyone concerned about this:

YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO DECLINE THE UPGRADE. I spoke with a Chase rep on the phone at the number provided and it took less than 1 minute, without even a question. If having a credit line is important to you, then call and decline. If it's not, then let it happen. This is a non-issue.

Thanks for reminding me this ~  I'm still thinking which will benefit me or not. 

So, what's the Income vs Debt ratio should be consider as enough/fair?   I need to do some math before I make my decision to decline or not, it's due to the possibility of strike and less income in the future.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.