cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can get 2% back when you purchase gift cards with the Walmart/Capital One card

tag
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: You can get 2% back when you purchase gift cards with the Walmart/Capital One card

Some states require the store to cash out gift cards (each state has it's own rules/ variations).

Might be an option?
Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 11 of 16
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: You can get 2% back when you purchase gift cards with the Walmart/Capital One card

Abnormal spending from AMEX may trigger financial review. If you are suddenly spending thousands at grocery markets, there would be a case for this. 

Whether or not your merchant decides to participate in sending the level 3 data is another question. 

Message 12 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:

Abnormal spending from AMEX may trigger financial review. If you are suddenly spending thousands at grocery markets, there would be a case for this. 

In my single experience, not even an FR, they just closed the card.   So do be careful.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You’d get a better deal with Discover right now. Q4 categories are Walmart.com, Target and Amazon. Last quarter was PayPal, majority of my spend went to purchasing a Walmart gift card (arrived 1 day after order was placed). I’m still in my first year with Discover so it’s 10% cash back on the Walmart gift card.

Save approximately $300 headroom.  Past couple of years, Target has done a single day gift card sale in store, 10% off.  Hope they do it this year.  Combining with Discover this quarter would be ace.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Save approximately $300 headroom.  Past couple of years, Target has done a single day gift card sale in store, 10% off.  Hope they do it this year.  Combining with Discover this quarter would be ace.

Dec 10 only, today is that one day a year for 10% off Target Gift cards, max $300.  See online site.  Stores usually get swamped and the physical cards disappear.  Good day for manufactured spend with another card, like Discover as a Target category.

Message 15 of 16
cr101
Established Contributor

I was chatting with a Discover rep and they mentioned that the Amazon gift cards are included. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.