cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can upgade to a Venture X Card (No SUB)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can upgade to a Venture X Card (No SUB)

I wanted to share it's possible to possible to upgrade a Savor or Venture Card to a Venture X Card without a sign up bonus. F.Y.I. I have the Savor Card and 2 Venture Cards in which I upgraded my Quick Silver Card to a Venture Card (It's made out of plastic)  and the Venture X Card with a $20,000 limit and 100,000 miles SUB.The limit on my Savor Card is $10,000 whereas Venture Card #1 has limit is $13,000 and Ventue Card #2 limit is $13,000. IMG-6957.jpg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
boosnark
Contributor

Re: You can upgade to a Venture X Card (No SUB)

Nice! I couldn't locate this option on the website. Where can one find the link?

Gardening until November 1, 2023
Message 2 of 7
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

You may want to call them because when you PC or upgrade, you are not getting the SUB so beware.

Message 3 of 7
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

@boosnark wrote:

Nice! I couldn't locate this option on the website. Where can one find the link?

When I logged in on desktop, there was a sentence about "enjoy different rewards" or something along those lines. It is literally, for me anyway, a sentence that is clickable. It took me to a similar screen as OP's screenshot.

Reminder to all; it appears that the only way to upgrade to Venture X is if 1) your current Capital One card is a Visa and 2) your current credit line is $10,000 or more. This is because Venture X is a Visa Infinite which currently requires a $10K + limit and Capital One does not currently allow network changes (mastercard to Visa and vice versa).

Mastercards and limits under $10,000 do not currently get offered the upgrade to Venture X

Message 4 of 7
boosnark
Contributor

I was able to get to the upgrade page by suffixing /productupgrade in the URL of the Venture Rewards page. Since my credit limit on the Venture Rewards was > $10,000 I was able to upgrade. The upgrade was instant;  Venture X showed up on the (revised) landing page, and now I am waiting for the card to arrive. And yes, no sign up bonus.

Gardening until November 1, 2023
Message 5 of 7
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

Same, posted about it a couple months back. Not getting the SUB hurts (my consolation prize was a 25k referral for a friend- which fortunately combined with the $300 travel credit makes the card positive value in Year 1), but I have a bunch of spend I can put on this card (but not on my AMEX) that also makes it worth it (plus I now have a 2x general spend miles card that can be 2% + a way to dial back my AMEX AF load, especially in conjunction with a new SavorOne card).

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's worth it becase we will receive the annual 10,000 miles credit and Venture X cardholders receive up to $300 in statement credits each cardmember year  which means I can stay at a hotel for 2 o 3 nights free of charge.  I was suprised to the annual fee was charged as soon shotrly afte the card was activated which is more than likely there solution to card churners those who open a rewards card and downgrade or close the account before the annual fee hits their account.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.