Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You guys were wrong about Target :)

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

You guys were wrong about Target :)

I went online to the message sender to see if I could see when they give cli.

I simply stated I would spend loads more money if I had a credit limit that suited my spending habits. Ive only had the card 6 months and I was apporved for an increase AND they might promote me to Visa. I am supposed to wait to get a letter though, Increase was to $1000 waiting for letter in mail.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: You guys were wrong about Target :)

Is the CLI already showing in your account?

I called once and they told me they don't do manual CLIs and that their computer randomly assigns CLIs based on history.

Message 2 of 19
oracles
Valued Contributor

was it a hard or soft pull?

Message 3 of 19
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Please give us more information--current scores, length of time with Target, etc.?

Thanks so much--and congrats! 

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 4 of 19
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Im guessing it was a hard pull. I didnt request a cli because to my understanding I thouight we couldnt request them. It is showing up on my account page. I just wanted to know when they usually give cli and what might trigger one. Ive only had my account for 6 months and I never would have expected to get another increase so early. All my scores are currently in the 670's but I think the only reason they gave me the increase is because I spend roughly a thousand or more at target a month.
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have been bumping alot of people up to $1k this month & December.
Message 6 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think this is just a coincidence in time. Your account is at 6 months, you probably sent the letter and then your statement cut and they increased it auto at 6 month mark.

the target red card does not take any requests for increases or upgrades to visa, it just happens or it does not happen.

Message 7 of 19
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Maybe they are arbitrarily increasing CLs to try and tempt people to spend more during the holiday season?

Congrats on the nice CLI!

Here we go again...
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increase!

I'm still stuck at $500 and have had my account a year now. I'm guessing using my Discover card to buy my christmas gifts from them online isn't going to help me much.

Message 9 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Oh well, I am still at my $200 CL for this card. It is not even worth my time buying and paying at Target for what I can buy with that kind of Credit Limit.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.