cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know you're moving up in the world when..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know you're moving up in the world when..

.... when you do the Orchard card pre-approval thing again to see what they offer... and they FINALLY offer you something OTHER than a secured card!!!

YAHOO!!!!!!!!

Now, to app or not to app?? ::bites nails::

Um, I think I need a sleigh center bed. At least until my new M/C posts on all the CRA's, right?!?!?! I mean, then I get a better chance of getting approved....
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: You know you're moving up in the world when..

What are your fico scores?
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ (my lowest) is 580, but that's the only one that my new positive TL has not reported on, and HSBC pulls TU, my highest score. Last time I checked, EX was 599, TU 612. All 3 have 2 collections. EX doesn't show the tax lien, but the other 2 do. TU is likely the most accurate overall, with 7 inquiries, but doesn't show my correct address.

I'm just so excited because I've done that soft pull a dozen times and they've only ever offered the secured card. Now, the platinum is listed

I'm waiting until my new M/C reports on all 3 and my other TL hits EQ before I app, tho.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Jenna, but I must warn you. I just applied and got the pre-approval,  too. The security questions they asked me made my blood boil. If you have ever been married and divorced, be prepared to know about his mistress if he had one. I was asked about my ex-huband's gf's age range and where she previously lived!!! What kind of insanity is this??? And what does SHE have to do with MY credit??? I better get that stupid card, or else!! Divorced from him since 2001, and now a cc co wants to dredge up severe sore spots. The nerve!! Who needs the sleigh center when you have HSBC asking you questions when you go to apply. That is enough to deter anyone from app-ing ever again IMO.

Good luck to you, and hope you don't have any sore spots for them to dig holes in!!
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never heard of a CCC asking such personal questions like that.  I did not know that HSBC gets down this way and I have two of their cards: HSBC Cash or Fly MC and a Direct Rewards Discover.  I wonder what they are really looking for?
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The security questions are based on info provided by the loverly (yes I did that on purpose) Lexus-Nexxus.  This is simply to verify your identity.  I get really paranoid as I spent a lot of time in the military and just know they will ask me about some county I lilved in while in service.  Military personnel, unless they live in town, rarely give a hoot about counties and such.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

stef37, they asked about your EX -Husband's GF?!?!?!? WTH????

If they ask about my ex, any of my friends he slept with, my ex-friend he left me for, the store he bought his furniture at after he left me sleeping on a hardwood floor, or about the car loan he got with MY money after he had my vehicle repo'd, I WILL explode, and someone at HSBC will catch the crap that's coming! Are they gonna ask how many times he hit me or how much money he took from me, too? Or their wedding date?

How intrusive!! That's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Brammy, I didn't know what the LexusNexis did until you mentioned it here, and then I researched it. Wow. Guess I better know my divorce details. That's gonna be difficult since my ex-punk never gave me record copies of the papers so I can't even wipe his last name off my driver's license. I don't have any accurate info on this.

Not only do I have to live with the memory of the jerk, but I have to see his name on my credit reports, live with the damage he did to my credit, and NOW I have to get cross-examined about it, too?

Seems evil. But it sure is a rude awakening, I'll tell you that. Funny, when I was younger, you could get a job on your own merits. Now your employers check your myspace to see if you're talking trash or into anything they're uncomfortable with. The world has most definitely changed...
Message 7 of 18
Niki9
Regular Contributor

Jennabean wrote:
stef37, they asked about your EX -Husband's GF?!?!?!? WTH????

If they ask about my ex, any of my friends he slept with, my ex-friend he left me for, the store he bought his furniture at after he left me sleeping on a hardwood floor, or about the car loan he got with MY money after he had my vehicle repo'd, I WILL explode, and someone at HSBC will catch the crap that's coming! Are they gonna ask how many times he hit me or how much money he took from me, too? Or their wedding date?

How intrusive!! That's a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Brammy, I didn't know what the LexusNexis did until you mentioned it here, and then I researched it. Wow. Guess I better know my divorce details. That's gonna be difficult since my ex-punk never gave me record copies of the papers so I can't even wipe his last name off my driver's license. I don't have any accurate info on this.

Not only do I have to live with the memory of the jerk, but I have to see his name on my credit reports, live with the damage he did to my credit, and NOW I have to get cross-examined about it, too?

Seems evil. But it sure is a rude awakening, I'll tell you that. Funny, when I was younger, you could get a job on your own merits. Now your employers check your myspace to see if you're talking trash or into anything they're uncomfortable with. The world has most definitely changed...

Jenna,

You don't have copies of your divorce decree?  Is that what I read?!!
Say it ain't so.

Here is my soap opera story .....

When I was getting my divorce the judge granted it but I could not afford to pay my divorce attny.  I filed BK.

Never got a copy of the divorce decree.

the ex past away a few years ago and I decided it was time to get the decree.  Turns out the judge order my attny to write up - (he never did because I did not pay)

Which means I was still married to the ex husband!!!!!!!

please please please make sure you have that paper work.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I swear to God they asked me about my ex husband, where he owned property, how old was his "mistress" (I think he may of married her, I dunno, lol) and in which city did she live in 1999. Well, I knew some of this from snooping and since he got her pregnant while still married to me, and we all happened to work together at the time, I learned alot from my co-workers, thank goodness. Now the witch is living in MY house, driving MY car, raising a child that I claimed as MINE from the time she was 6 months. So, yes, the questions jerked my chain a bit. BTW, they approved me for a crappy CL of 300 bucks. Therapy will cost me more than that. My DH has... I can't count how many of their cards and he really raves about customer service. He was screaming lawsuit this morning when he saw how upset I was and told him why. I could of gone a lifetime without having ever remembered that entire dreaded marriage!

DH is military, but should that have anything to do with a man I was previously married to?? I mean, why didn't they ask questions that would pertain to MY credit? And for heaven's sake why would this woman have anything to do with ME other than she is now with my ex??? I will do some complaing when they open. They are closed on Saturdays. I may tell them where they can "put" their card. And it isn't in my sock drawer.

Message Edited by stef37 on 01-12-2008 12:56 PM
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's a Lexis-Nexis thing. I've used Mailboxes Etc and UPS stores as mailing addresses. I've been asked for the names of my 'roommates' at those addresses.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.