Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Young credit report, want another card. HELP

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Young credit report, want another card. HELP

Hey bobbyburns34!
Welcome to the forums! How long is your credit history? Also- do you have your actual FICO? I'd like to make some suggestions if I can get this info. Also- one more thing... What is your current utility?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, Chase usually balance chases CL and I can't recall a CL less than $500. I don't think Chase is going to approve you now but that doesn't mean they won't in the future. CK is a FAKO so without knowing a FICO its a little harder but since you are new to credit with 3 inq's, no baddies I think mid 600's would be accurate.

BoA is a good cc that will graduate. If you are a member of a cu, I would check with them for cc's Store cards will be easier but they will also not get you any closer to Chase since they don't look at store cc for approval.

Assuming, you do not have the option of being added on as AU to an established cc and you do not want store cards, I think you will need to look into a CU and/or BoA.
Message 12 of 100
bobbyburns34

i do not have my actual score, i only have it from credit karma which was 679

my credit history is 6 months old.

which is how long ive had my capital one card, all 6 payments on time and paid in full.

i have no utilities. the capital one card is the only thing on my credit report

Message 13 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 100
bobbyburns34

OH lol

my limit is $300 and ive used 10% for a 2 months, the other 4 months it was much less.

Message 15 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

So your balance that reports to the CBs is $30 or less. Correct?
Message 16 of 100
bobbyburns34

Yes

on my current credit karma it was reporting $30 or 10%

thats the most ive used and dont plan on going over that. Just used it to pay a medical co pay under my name. Was hoping that would show up on my credit report but guess not.

Message 17 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

In order for it to report, the credit card statement needs to cut with a balance. If you are PIF before your statement cuts it will look like no usage.
Message 18 of 100
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bobbyburns34 wrote:

Yes

on my current credit karma it was reporting $30 or 10%

thats the most ive used and dont plan on going over that. Just used it to pay a medical co pay under my name. Was hoping that would show up on my credit report but guess not.

hey.. just one more question.. have you been on your current job very long and what is your annual income right now?

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 19 of 100
bobbyburns34

Yes ive been there long but how would they know any of that info? sure i know they need to know but do they actually look into it?

Message 20 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.