Young credit report, want another card. HELP

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Young credit report, want another card. HELP

Message 91 of 100
bobbyburns34

Guessing i got approved for the actual store card and not the visa.

says im approved and $400 limit

Message 92 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They don't offer a Visa but a Discover version. Congrats on getting approved. When you get your cc, request paperless statements. You will then get your free TU score.

GE does SP's for CLI's, usually after your 4 th statement. Dint worry about your starting CL it will definitely grow with you!
Message 93 of 100
bobbyburns34

Just an updated, checked the status on the Discover IT and it says im approved. didnt say anything else like CL but said approved so out of the 4 cards i applied for yesterday i got 3 of them. Wish i got the chase as well but its all good.

kinda upset about the inquiries though, is it bad if i have like 6 or 7 on a short history? i wont be applying for another one for a year most likely.

Message 94 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your approval!! You can call Discover and find out your cl. Inqs will not count towards your CS after 1 yr/ will fall off at 2 yrs. the only way to get cc's is by applying. Your inqs were not wasted and I think you did an excellent job!

Welcome to the Discover family !
Message 95 of 100
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bobbyburns34!
Super Congrats! I felt pretty good about all the apps! Very Nice!
Listen- don't be concerned with your inqs. When starting out- you have to apply. Believe me- you have gotten far more with less inqs then most in the same shoes. Having the knowledge that most starting out doesn't (myFICO community) netted you 3 cards with only 4 inqs. Not too shabby!
Garden these cards for a good 6 - 12 months- don't run up any balances- then come back and let's take a look at your profile then. Excellent Job!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 96 of 100
bobbyburns34

Just an update, received my Discover card today and came with a $1500 limit.

when the card arrived on the paper it showed my EQ was 735 Smiley Happy

anyways used the card to buy a small item, it cost a dollar and said $1.00 cashback? i clicked no then it cancelled the transaction, this isnt a big deal right? i should always click yes?

never had it happen with my cap one card/

Message 97 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Discover allows you to get cashback on your transactions. The cashback will post to your account like a purchase meaning not a cash advance. So, if you forgot to run by the ATM and you need a quick $20 and you are at the grocery store - voila!

I know there's a daily limit but I can't remember what it is.
Message 98 of 100
bobbyburns34

i didnt get anything lol

i went to purchase the item and it just said cash back $1.00? i clicked no then it went back to the checkout screen like no payment was posted. i then did it again and clicked yes and it went through

Message 99 of 100
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

It was probably asking you to confirm the total after the cashback prompt and you pressed no, thus ending the transaction. I work at a store and people always do this when they are checking out and then they get really confused. The first prompt is "cashback?" And the second is "amount okay?"
Message 100 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.