cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your 3 awesome new cards for all of 2015?!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your 3 awesome new cards for all of 2015?!!

4 new accounts in 2015.

Favorite appearance: AMEX BCE (although I wish I would've known the $500 sign-up bonus was incoming instead of settling for the standard $100...)

Favorite rewards: Discover It

Favorite perks & sign-up bonus: AMEX DL Gold (50k miles, $50 statement credit; will probably cancel at the 13 month mark though unless I make the AF back via AMEX Offers this year, they offer some sort of retention bonus (even 2,500 miles may do the trick), or I value the benefits enough to keep it around by then).

Chase Amazon was a worthless card for me. In hindsight, I should probably have app'd for Sallie Mae and held off on the BCE.

Message 41 of 66
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

My favorite approvals of 2015 were:

1) Citi Prestige @ $24k
2) Chase Hyatt @ $27k
3) Amex Platinum 100k (was lucky enough to double dip on bonus)

Message 42 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover wins of course, for being a 0% card with great rewards cats this year and of course those promos

CSP came up big for our two big trips this year, got over $2000 in plane tickets free from the bonus and some spend

FNBO AmEx was a lucky last minute grab that will benefit me bigtime longterm if I get in trouble

Ameriprise Platinum gets honorable mention for saving over $500 in joint AF while providing 25k MR and all the usual plat bennies. Too bad you aren't the 100k offer but at least I'm still eligible...

Through no fault of its own, double cash ended up being the worst. After I got approved for it, I was approved for JCB, approved for FNBO amex, and Discover announced their double rewards deal, so DC hasn't seen a lot of use. Poor guy, at least you aren't Simplicity...

Message 43 of 66
JamP
Valued Contributor

Discover wins for my 2015 year because it financed all my Home Improvement Projects at 2% and 10% cash back Smiley Happy

SallieMae for Amazon, Groceries and Gas.

Quick Silver for everything. Merged my QS1 into it. Great Card.

Most anticipated cards I am going to use alot in 2016:

DoubleCash becomes my daily. Can't wait til I get a better CL.

AARP - Unlimited 3% Restaurants and Gas, need I say more lol..

Huntington Voice is my highest CL and it becomes our Walmart card.

Honorable Mention:

Venture and my metal VentureOne - 40k and 20k bonus miles..

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 44 of 66
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

MIne are:

1. Ebates Visa

2. Discover

3. Fidelity Amex

Between Ebates cashback/Discover Deals/Fido 2%, I can see my cashback grow as I squirrel it away !

SisterGirl
Message 45 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. AARP
  2. BoA Cash Rewards
  3. Citi Double Cash
Message 46 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
  1. AARP
  2. BoA Cash Rewards
  3. Citi Double Cash

Why do you still use Cash Rewards when you have citi dc and AARP?

My bro has these exact 3 cards (2 of which I apped for him) and I forced him to SD his cash rewards.

Message 47 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
  1. AARP
  2. BoA Cash Rewards
  3. Citi Double Cash

My bro has these exact 3 cards (2 of which I apped for him) and I forced him to SD his cash rewards.

Never said I use the BoA card...that was the first one of the good three for the year.

I may PC to Travel Rewards, giving me a no FTF card.

Message 48 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
  1. AARP
  2. BoA Cash Rewards
  3. Citi Double Cash

Never said I use the BoA card...that was the first one of the good three for the year.

I may PC to Travel Rewards, giving me a no FTF card.

Sorry, I meant to say why is that in your top 3, followed my comments. Just assumed you used it since its number 2, above Citi DC which has unlimited 2%...

Message 49 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Cap1 platinum-compared to the rest of the cards they have this card is weak, but it got me on the path to better scores across the board. Started at 300, now 3,300.

2. Discover IT- First card I got after the cap1 card, and did I ever take advantage of the 5% rewards this holiday season! Next 3 months it will be my go to for gas. 4K limit.

3. Chase Freedom- Same perks as discover, but I can use it places where discover isn't accepted. Basically a backup and a card to further establish my credit history. 1,200 limit.

Those are my three...due in part to the fact that those are the only three I got this year Smiley Tongue

Edit; I forgot I got a store card, but I wouldn't put it in the top 3 anyway.
Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.