Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Dream Credit Card?

tag
jm00ser
Regular Contributor

Re: Your Dream Credit Card?

Great post about the "zync". I will henceforth refer to my card as the Amex White Unicorn when asked about it.

In full gardening/ debt annihilation mode! (4/15/13)
Notre Dame FCU Visa 0/2k (8/04); CapOne Best Buy 800/1.5k (7\06)
Citi Thank You World MC 4800/9.7k (1/11); Amex Zync NPSL (9/11)
Chase Freedom Visa 1600/3.8k (9/11); Chase Southwest RR Premier Visa Signature 4300/10.7k (6/12); Discover It 0/3k (7/12)
EQ: 751 (4/1/13) EX: 742 (4/8/13) TU: 732 (4/8/13)
Message 21 of 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:

Fingerhut

Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 22 of 29
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

The All-Elite Card.

The perk would be Elite status at the Major Hotel and Airline Chains.  Just the benifit of room/air travel upgrades and perks would be wonderful.  Wouln't even need the top tier status, just mid-tier (e.g. Gold with Marriott and Delta) would be awesome.

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 23 of 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

One the DW does not have access to!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 24 of 29
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Creating my own card:

MLB All-Access pass card. AF of $500 but it provides 2 free tickets to a game of your choice at each MLB stadium and then gives 3% rewards on concessions (including beer), 2% on gas, and 1% on everything else. Points can only be redeemed for domestic flights.

This card is very reasonable, but allows season-long baseball trips at really affordable prices. After a nice long road trip, you should have enough airline points to fly home.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 25 of 29
CS800
Super Contributor

@p- wrote:

I already have my dream card - It's the white wone in my sig below.

The Amex Unicorn Card - Blinding white, subtly bedazzled with an underlying glitter reminiscent of adult entertainment...  This rare card allows the holder the unlimited spending power befitting their position.  Rarely seen and often speculated about, this card identifies the holder as a one-of-a-kind American Express customer.  No one knows exactly how you get this card.  Questions to customer service meet a stone wall, as they deny it's existence consistently.  

It appears to be made of some type of petroleum distillate, melted and hardened with layers of graphics and magnetics, but no one can be sure exactly how.  Perhaps it is comprised of some mineral, like zync.  We may never know.  It has achieved a mystical status as an urban legend...  Crowds gather to witness it when used.  Heads turn for a second look.  Under the lights of a nightclub it stands out screaming - "Look at me!"

It is said that no one may ask for this card, and once given up it can never be obtained again.  Perhaps one day you'll have that once in a lifetime chance to be come a Unicorn Member.  But chances are you never will.  This is, by far, the exclusive of the exclusive.

The American Express Unicorn Card.  Because Hype is everything.

That was EPIC !

Love my Zync too

Message 26 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@p- wrote:

I already have my dream card - It's the white wone in my sig below.

The Amex Unicorn Card - Blinding white, subtly bedazzled with an underlying glitter reminiscent of adult entertainment...  This rare card allows the holder the unlimited spending power befitting their position.  Rarely seen and often speculated about, this card identifies the holder as a one-of-a-kind American Express customer.  No one knows exactly how you get this card.  Questions to customer service meet a stone wall, as they deny it's existence consistently.  

It appears to be made of some type of petroleum distillate, melted and hardened with layers of graphics and magnetics, but no one can be sure exactly how.  Perhaps it is comprised of some mineral, like zync.  We may never know.  It has achieved a mystical status as an urban legend...  Crowds gather to witness it when used.  Heads turn for a second look.  Under the lights of a nightclub it stands out screaming - "Look at me!"

It is said that no one may ask for this card, and once given up it can never be obtained again.  Perhaps one day you'll have that once in a lifetime chance to be come a Unicorn Member.  But chances are you never will.  This is, by far, the exclusive of the exclusive.

The American Express Unicorn Card.  Because Hype is everything.

Arghhhh.... Now I want one!!! Smiley LOL

(ETA) BTW, I've already been referring to it as the Unobtanium card. Smiley Wink

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 27 of 29
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, I'd like to propose the following:

ET - The Extraterrestrial Credit Card

Features include:

• Statement credit when phoning home
  • Collision/Damage waiver on bicycle rentals
  • 5% cash back on all purchases of Reese's Pieces

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 28 of 29
BearOSO
Contributor

• The perks of the Platinum AMEX
  • AF of the CSP, or Gold
  • Bonus Categories of the Freedom
  • Reward structure of the PRG
  • And Cash Back

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.