cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Favorite & Least Favorite Credit Card Company!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your Favorite & Least Favorite Credit Card Company!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Favorite: Chase and Capital One

Least favorite among prime: Citi

It should go without saying that Credit One and First Premier are much worse than Citi, but I'm only including actual lenders here. Not scam artists.

I'm glad another person does not like Citi. Their customer service is a joke. All the people I have called always have some bad attitude and have no respect. Plus consistency is bad with them, everyone says something different everytime I call. Why do you dislike Citi? 

Citi's notorious for bad customer service, which is one reason I don't have a positive opinion of them. Another reason I don't like them is that their current card selection is generally terrible (the Double Cash being one of the few exceptions). I don't actually have one of their cards though, which leads directly to my next point.

The reason I dislike them for what they've done to me personally is admittedly pretty minor. Less than one week after I was denied for the Double Cash, I received a letter in the mail "preselecting" me for the Double Cash (I thought the letter was my denial letter at first) with a specific APR. I then applied again with the invitation code on the letter and was denied again. I really should have seen it coming, having been denied just a week before. But sending letters to people who you're just going to deny anyway (and in fact, already have) just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.  

Message 21 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

I have no problem to name my favorite  Discover  but with the least favorite I would probably select US Bank as of my experience until this date. Maybe not to fair as I have my account only a couple of months 😉

Haha is there a reason why you dont like US Bank?

Message 22 of 174
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

I would have to say Amex is #1 in my book (customer service, and I REALLY love their mobile app), CLOSELY followed by Chase for their outstanding customer service during the Freedom recon. Smiley Happy

Least: I wasn't very credit-smart when I got the Citi Diamond Preferred last year. I haven't had MAJOR issues with Citi, but they should offer more rewarding cards (aside from Double Cash).

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 23 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmm maybe there's a possbility that the letter was sent before you applied? But yeah Citi is notorious for doing that. I had the same exact situation with them when I was first starting out with credit. They are seriously the worst in my book!

Message 24 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Firefly_1984 wrote:

I would have to say Amex is #1 in my book (customer service, and I REALLY love their mobile app), CLOSELY followed by Chase for their outstanding customer service during the Freedom recon. Smiley Happy

Least: I wasn't very credit-smart when I got the Citi Diamond Preferred last year. I haven't had MAJOR issues with Citi, but they should offer more rewarding cards (aside from Double Cash).

Citi is cheap! They better add some more rewarding cards soon so I can PC my TYP. 

Message 25 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hmm maybe there's a possbility that the letter was sent before you applied? But yeah Citi is notorious for doing that. I had the same exact situation with them when I was first starting out with credit. They are seriously the worst in my book!

Yeah, it's possible, but still...blech. Citi...I do want that Double Cash though...

I like how you mentioned your hatred of your Citi Thank You Preferred in your sig. The rewards on that card really are lame. Someone on here summarized that card really well in a post a few months ago: "Citi Thank You Preferred: We prefer to thank you, not reward you."

Message 26 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorite is Logix FCU because they are my bank and granted me credit when my file maybe didnt deserve it and saved me from a very tight spot. I dont really dislike any credit card company because i understand the why behind all of them. I dont do business with the ones I dont see eye to eye with and I do business with the ones I need. 

Message 27 of 174
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

American Express is my favorite, 2nd....who ever has given me my last approval or CLI...lol!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 28 of 174
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I have no problem to name my favorite  Discover  but with the least favorite I would probably select US Bank as of my experience until this date. Maybe not to fair as I have my account only a couple of months 😉

Haha is there a reason why you dont like US Bank?

I had to call twice because I forgot the travel settings and the card got blocked. Both times the reps were quite arrogant and not very accommodating like others. It happened with Cap1, Discover and Barclays in the past and the others were very pleasant and helpful. Maybe I just had reps which had a bad day...lol...I tend to do these travel settings for international travel and for the max period 6-12 months as the countries are always the same but often forget to let them know about domestic travel ..my fault I know 😛

Message 29 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL it's by far my worst card. I applied for it before the DC was out and regretted ever since. That card has so many restrictions. If it didn't have the lame conversions and the rewards can be applied as cash back it would suck less. I remember how misleading their 20,000 sign up bonus was thinking it was CASH that I would receive and all I got was $200 worth of Walmart gift cards.. meh

Message 30 of 174
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.