cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Favorite & Least Favorite Credit Card Company!

tag
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

Re: Your Favorite & Least Favorite Credit Card Company!

My favorites are Amex and Discover. I love Amex because of the MSD, CLI's, and awesome Customer Service, and Discover because of the awesome US based customer service. My least favorite is Chase because of my low starting limit and high APR. 

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 41 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

My favorites are Amex and Discover. I love Amex because of the MSD, CLI's, and awesome Customer Service, and Discover because of the awesome US based customer service. My least favorite is Chase because of my low starting limit and high APR. 

I'm with you on that one my Chase Freedom is at an abysmal $500 limit.. 

Message 42 of 174
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have one favorite. Barclays has been good with cheap BT offers, Amex for backdating and SP denials, Chase for reallocations and BoA for giving CLI (with HP). I don't care much for Comenity since their CSRs are generally clueless.
Message 43 of 174
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

My favorite card for day to day use is the Chase Freedom. My gf and I use it for all our household stuff. However, my Amex charge card is my favvorite for large expenses that would push my balance up on other cards too high, possibly to the point of a decline. No idea what Amex would let me charge but I haven't encountered any difficulties using it and had half expected to bump up against it's vague, internal limit.

Least favorite is my WM MC. the CL is too low to be useful. Perfectly good card other than that. I guess I could call and get it raised but hey, I'd lose my Diamond Spade!

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 44 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:
I don't have one favorite. Barclays has been good with cheap BT offers, Amex for backdating and SP denials, Chase for reallocations and BoA for giving CLI (with HP). I don't care much for Comenity since their CSRs are generally clueless.

I really think BOA should do CLI without HPs.. I try to avoid HPs as much as possible. 

Message 45 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorites are, in order: Discover, Wells Fargo and Chase. Discover always makes me feel like i'm a valued customer and they're always friendly to me, even when I have a problem. Chase and Wells Fargo are my heavy hitter banks that I prefer to do business with. Their customer service reps are helpful and easy to deal with.

My least favorites are Barclays and Citi. I find that both have terrible customer service reps. If it wasn't for the DoubleCash and US Airways cards, I wouldn't be using either of them.

Message 46 of 174
creditconcept
Regular Contributor

"With sub-prime lenders, Money makes the bank Money, However with prime lenders, it's the exact opposite"

Message 47 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best: discover.

worst: cap one

im ok with competent Indian CSRs (citi).  But not incompetent ones (cap one).  

Message 48 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

My favorites are Capital One and BOA, in that order!

Least favorites are Citi and US Bank, I hate them equally!

Message 49 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

Favorite: Chase because they gave me an opportunity when all I really had were Credit One and a couple of month-old store cards, not to mention gave me my highest limit. And even though I'm not a card holder yet, Barclay. Called recon on the Rewards MC the other day and they explained exactly what I needed to do to get a Rewards MC (hint; it has to do with utilization). Makes me want to apply again in 60-90 days.  

Message 50 of 174
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.