cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Flagship Card Is Getting Even Better.

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Your Flagship Card Is Getting Even Better.

@morgacj2004 wrote:
I am now wondering if I should dump my Barclay Arrival + ?

You didnt do that after collecting the bonus ? Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 78
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

No I still have it mainly due to stubborn pride. Took me forever to get it and it now has a 18k CL

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 12 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

This card is looking more enticing! Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 78
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree... before it was a bit 'meh' but now it's actually not bad for the right person.

If I had a need for Pre-check or Global Entry I would definitely consider PCing my Go Rewards.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 78
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

If they keep the 49$ annual fee that's a pretty solid deal. A close competitor I guess would be the CSP. For an extra 50$ a year you get primary car rental insurance. Solid low annual fee card. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like the website hasn't been updated to reflect the 3pts. Maybe you're one of the lucky few for a pilot program?

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 15 of 78
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Well, maybe your Flagship Card is getting better, but they didn't send me that email yet.  Smiley Sad

#1 makes it a Double Cash killer now that #2 is true, as long as a cardholder spends enough.  #2 is a welcome change; I found it annoying that they had a sliding scale depending on what you were redeeming and in what increments.  #3 won't do me much good (I need to start adopting kids or something because I'm losing count of Global Entry credits available to me, or soon available to me) but it certainly makes it more competitive with BoA's Premium Rewards.  No bad news anywhere in that email.  Thanks for sharing!

You can borrow some of MY kids!Smiley Very Happy

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree... before it was a bit 'meh' but now it's actually not bad for the right person.

If I had a need for Pre-check or Global Entry I would definitely consider PCing my Go Rewards.  Smiley Happy

My 91/3 is coming up next month on Sept. 12. Might pull the trigger on this Flagship card depending on the signup bonus. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBartowski wrote:

If they keep the 49$ annual fee that's a pretty solid deal. A close competitor I guess would be the CSP. For an extra 50$ a year you get primary car rental insurance. Solid low annual fee card. Thanks for sharing.

Looks like the website hasn't been updated to reflect the 3pts. Maybe you're one of the lucky few for a pilot program?

The 3 points and new features will start on September 5th. They will probably update the site then. 

Message 18 of 78
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Overlooked that detail, thanks mate.

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 19 of 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

September 5 means it coincides with AR.  91/3 for my Cash Rewards occurs on August 18 so I could conceivably step out the garden and apply for this when the upgraded rewards go into effect.  Kinda tempting since I don't really have a travel card in my portfolio (been holding out for a CSP offer) and I travel fairly often.  Downsides is that its another rewards program to manage along with MR and UR points. 

Message 20 of 78
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.