cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your OVER 5/24, but you got a mail offer from CHASE....

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

Re: Your OVER 5/24, but you got a mail offer from CHASE....

>>had to cold app for my freedom and recon to finally get approved

And you were over 5/24 at the time?

Potential Future Cards
Message 11 of 13
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

I wasn't even on Chase's radar.  I couldn't get them to look at me for anything, no matter what cute outfit I put on and walked by in.  But when I was within a month or two of being under 5/24, they started slipping me their number through the Bonvoy pre-qualification physical mailings.  Once I went under, I bit the bullet and struck up a conversation with the Chase Sapphire and we got pretty cozy.  After my approval, I was looking through the site and saw a whole bunch of pre-qualified offers for their other cards.  As soon as the card reported and I went to 5/24 again, they left me in the dust.  I'm sure next month I'll be seeing them strutting their stuff again when I'm under again.  :-)

Btw, can you tell I'm going stir crazy?  Smiley Very Happy

BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 12 of 13
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

I wasn't even on Chase's radar.  I couldn't get them to look at me for anything, no matter what cute outfit I put on and walked by in.  But when I was within a month or two of being under 5/24, they started slipping me their number through the Bonvoy pre-qualification physical mailings.  Once I went under, I bit the bullet and struck up a conversation with the Chase Sapphire and we got pretty cozy.  After my approval, I was looking through the site and saw a whole bunch of pre-qualified offers for their other cards.  As soon as the card reported and I went to 5/24 again, they left me in the dust.  I'm sure next month I'll be seeing them strutting their stuff again when I'm under again.  :-)

Btw, can you tell I'm going stir crazy?  Smiley Very Happy

hahaha good stuff!  Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.