Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Starting Line Up of Charge/Credit Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your Starting Line Up of Charge/Credit Cards

I posted a separate thread on this when I was learning about my chances of various cards, here is what I got to maximize my cashback:

Amex BCP:  6% CB @ supermarket, 3% at department stores

PenFed Platinum:  5% on gas

Citi Forward 5x points on dining, "entertainment", and Amazon

Barclays Priceline Visa:  2% on everything else

Note, some of these offer other categories (like the Amex has 3% on gas), but I didn't list it because I'll use the Penfed for gas instead.  This combo gets me the most cashback for my typical usage, and also provides $500 in sign-up bonuses.  The BCP has the $75 AF, but I was able to justify it once I counted pharmacy shopping at the supermarket.  The BCE gives 3% @ the supermarket with no AF, but I can get that with the Penfed.

Message 21 of 50
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I really like the priceline 2% on everything else. Is that a signature card?
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 22 of 50
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@LionLaw wrote:
I use my Zync for most things, my Discover for the 5% categories, and my Wells Fargo cash back Visa for places that don't take Amex.

I've also got a Citi Diamond Preferred that spends most of its time in the sock drawer, though I occasionally break it out when I'm out for the night; the ladies love a guy with a black credit card Smiley Very Happy

lol the ladies love a guy that pays

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 23 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover more for the 5%
BOA cash rewards 1 2 3

For now
Message 24 of 50
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@iMacDrew wrote:

@LionLaw wrote:
I use my Zync for most things, my Discover for the 5% categories, and my Wells Fargo cash back Visa for places that don't take Amex.

I've also got a Citi Diamond Preferred that spends most of its time in the sock drawer, though I occasionally break it out when I'm out for the night; the ladies love a guy with a black credit card Smiley Very Happy

lol the ladies love a guy that pays

Well you could always get a Cap1 and do the black image Smiley Very Happy

And yes, they love the dude who picks up the tab!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 50
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Love this thread:

My everyday card is AMEX Green/BofA Visa

My gas card is AMEX BCE

My favorite card is my Gap Visa use the heck out of this card.

My favorite card to whip out with friend, at work, and at sit down dinners is my AMEX Green not sure why...

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 26 of 50
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@laboi_22 I think you know exactly why Smiley LOL

Message 27 of 50
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I think because it's beautiful it looks like money and I secretly hope it impresses my friends lol
Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 28 of 50
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

@laboi_22 ok question of the year, is the platinum sexy enough to pay the 450 annual fee a year.... be honest!!!! haha Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 50
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:
I think because it's beautiful it looks like money and I secretly hope it impresses my friends lol

Impress your friends with a green? Really? A platinum I might be able to understand, but I'm not sure how impressed anyone would be with a green unless they simply don't know anything.

The cards that seem to impress people are: metal (of some variety), certain cards that are colored black, and perhaps the Amex platinum. I'm not sure if the green fits here.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 30 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.