Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Successful or Not So Successful Recon Stories

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Your Successful or Not So Successful Recon Stories

I applied for a CSP in October and was denied and even after two recons still denied Smiley Sad

But then a little gardening, my last baddie fell off then I applied and I was till denied. But after recon I was approved for $5K. 

To this board if you are denied recon RECON and recon Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 11 of 14
Epcot
Valued Contributor

My last recon was just over a year ago with Chase. My denial was due to high util (80%+) and that is hard to explain. Paid down my balances, reapplied in november and got approved with a nice CL.
I also didn't think much of calling in for a recon on denials until I started lurking on here a couple years ago. Now I think it's always worth a recon after a HP results in a denial.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 12 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol I love this post!
I got the following on recon:
Travelocity Amex $6500 - took one simple call
Chase Freedom $5000 - took like three tries
Citi Diamond Preferred $5000 - took too many tries to count and almost three months, but the EO was extremely helpful ;-)

Just gotta contact the right people sometimes :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 14
Croselx
Contributor

I seem to have trouble with getting approved for US bank cards due to living in PR and the way address' are written. I have been denied 3 times, all due to address/identity verification (if it wasn't for this site I would of just left them as is and lost the HP, thinking my credit wasn't enough). I did recon on all 3 and after a few questions or sending in papers was approved. Hardest one was home depot which took like 5 calls.

For me the general rule is, apply>approved = yay! or apply>denied>recon>recon>recon=yay lol. Nothing to lose after you take the HP (unless there are some not so good items on your report).

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.