Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZYNC Approved.

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ZYNC Approved.

@brainysmurf wrote:
I felt the itch and pulled the trigger a couple months early on my planned zync application. I'm supposed to be gardening, but I really wanted my foot in the door with AMEX. I would apply for others, since they all count as one, but I'll actually take less of an AAoA hit if I wait until January. (Some backdate love)

I'm just happy to be in the family now. I have a Barclays card with a 1.2k limit that I opened in March. I honestly don't care too much if they close my card because of the new account. The card doesn't offer me any rewards (Apple Financing) and is PIF. Should I call them and explain that I got an Amex charge for Costco use? Maybe they wouldn't shut me down then.

Congrats, and welcome to the family!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 14
brainysmurf
Contributor

So I've done some thinking. I want to have this be the only card reporting a balance when it finally does...

This is probably a YMMV question, but  how long before they report? Will it be on statement date? Is it statement balance that reports?

My plan is to take all others to $0 (Not difficult, I have an NFCU daily spender and some SD'd cards that do small recurring things.)

Then I'll put everything through AMEX to boost "high balance", which as I understand it will help util.

I don't want to scare them off my first cycle though, Income is around $56k so I figure I'll put around 1-1.5 through it.

I'll never get above a point that if they called me I couldn't pay immediately. I already set up autopay via the website.

EX / EQ / TU FICO
Start: ? / 633 / 621 March 2011
Current: 751 / 760 / 750 (PSECU, SW, QM)
My Wallet: Fidelity Amex 5k, NFCU CashRewards 10k,
SD: Barclays Apple 1.2k, Amex Zync NPSL, HomeDepot 1.2k
Message 12 of 14
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

congrats, I was happy to join the family recently too. 

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

grats!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.