Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Balance Transfer card recs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zero Balance Transfer card recs?

Hello all. I am considering opening a new credit card account with a zero balance transfer policy. My criteria for a card are, besides the zero balance transfer: low fee for transferring balance, must report available credit to credit bureaus, and a decent reputation for customer service. I have a FICO score of 703 and am working on improving that. Getting a zero balance transfer card will help me pay down my current balances faster, plus I just found out that my primary card company is not reporting my available credit to credit bureaus, so is hurting my FICO score. I have two credit cards now (Visa and Discover) with a combined credit limit of almost 20,000 and combined balances of just under 10,000. I want to pay them off completely by June 2008. Thanks in advance for any tips or recommendations!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zero Balance Transfer card recs?

Welcome!

There are lots of websites which list available cards sorted by the features you want.  Two of them are http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/cc_home.asp and http://www.cardratings.com.  Perhaps someone else can chime in and recommend the other sites I can't remember.  Good luck!
Message 2 of 4
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Goodluck finding a o% card now. Articles on the net say banks are scaling down the 0% cards but are now offering more around the 5.9% range. I'm sure they are out there but you'll need to look hard to get them.
Message 3 of 4
autofly
Contributor

Bufflehead wrote:
Hello all. I am considering opening a new credit card account with a zero balance transfer policy. My criteria for a card are, besides the zero balance transfer: low fee for transferring balance, must report available credit to credit bureaus, and a decent reputation for customer service. I have a FICO score of 703 and am working on improving that. Getting a zero balance transfer card will help me pay down my current balances faster, plus I just found out that my primary card company is not reporting my available credit to credit bureaus, so is hurting my FICO score. I have two credit cards now (Visa and Discover) with a combined credit limit of almost 20,000 and combined balances of just under 10,000. I want to pay them off completely by June 2008. Thanks in advance for any tips or recommendations!

Get an AMEX Blue.  0% APR for 15 months and 4.99% for the life of the balance transfer.  You could do AMEX Clear with your score, but it is only 0%APR for 12 months and 5.99% for the life of the balance transfer.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.