cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync ($500 PSL) to Premier Gold. Possible?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zync ($500 PSL) to Premier Gold. Possible?

I have Zync with 500 for 13 months now. No late payments with them, used it as a primary card.

TU FICO - 691 (thru walmart)
EQ FICO - 691 (thru my fico)
EX FAKO - 770 (thru Credit Sesame)

I have oldest inquiry on EX and TU from Dec 2011 and EQ has 1 inquiry from Schwab bank from this January.

My GF opened Discover IT credit card with limit 2500 and i'm authorized user on it so it shows up on my account from Feb 2013. I don't know if it will be counted as a negative thing as it shows up as a new account on my report.

1 Charge off, paid and settled for Crap1 from 2008. and everything else is clean. 

My question is whether do I even stand a chance? If Amex doesn't think i'm good enough to get NPSL on Zync after 13 months then why will they approve for PRG?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Zync ($500 PSL) to Premier Gold. Possible?

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is whether do I even stand a chance? If Amex doesn't think i'm good enough to get NPSL on Zync after 13 months then why will they approve for PRG?

Apply for the PR Gold with 50K bonus and first year fee waived.  If declined, it's only a SP.  Nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Message 2 of 21
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Apply for the PR Gold with 50K bonus and first year fee waived.  If declined, it's only a SP.  Nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

UGH. here we go.  If you have a hard limit Zync you do not qualify for ANY other Amex product until you cancel the Zync.  Also to be qualified for the PRG sign up bonus you have to wait 90 days from when you canceled the Zync.  And third Amex will never upgrade your Zync to the NPSL....Ever. your card is a dead end.  Cancel it and move on. YMMV

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 3 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

UGH. here we go.  If you have a hard limit Zync you do not qualify for ANY other Amex product until you cancel the Zync.  Also to be qualified for the PRG sign up bonus you have to wait 90 days from when you canceled the Zync.  And third Amex will never upgrade your Zync to the NPSL....Ever. your card is a dead end.  Cancel it and move on. YMMV

Yes, you're right!

I forgot about the 90 day new rule that's being implimented.  I take that back, don't apply now!  Cancel it first, then wait 90 days.

Glad you caught it.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think "Soft pull only if denied" is applicable anymore. I heard they HP u no mattr what the result

Message 5 of 21
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Some people on here have recently reported getting approved for new cards from Amex despite having a hard limit Zync still open.  You could either try for the PRG or the Delta Skymiles.  It will only be a SP if declined--I haven't heard anything about that changing.

Message 6 of 21
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Cancelled my Zync three nights ago and was approved for PRG two nights ago and got the card today. My Zync was NPSL however

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

well u had NPSL Zync, i doubt it wud've made any difference to u

Message 8 of 21
dude11
Regular Contributor

IMO I say you apply. I still don't believe that everyone with the hard limit Zync will get flat out denied for any other Amex for having it. Some have been denied for that reason but not everyone. If I were you I would apply since it will be a soft pull if you are denied since you are a current member.
Message 9 of 21
knr

All my AmEx denials have been soft pulls over the last 1.5 years I've had my Zync - finally got the Blue from AmEx with a $4k credit limit.

My Zync is NPSL.

I have both cards linked to the same membership rewards account. Probably going to drop the Zync next time the AF comes up.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.